Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Darlington Marketplace (Free) Rhythm ‘N’ Blues Festival

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4556

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hold on to your hats - Aynsley’s gonne be a Market Square Hero. Full line up announced for Darlington’s annual September fling:-

Market Square Festival 2013

SUNDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER
THE PRETTY THINGS
3:40pm to 5:10pm
————————————————————————————————————————
AYNSLEY LISTER BAND
2:30pm to 3:30pm

THE ATLANTIC SOUL MESSENGERS
1:00pm to 2:00pm

FRINGE FESTIVAL

THE DOLPHIN CENTRE [Market Square]
The Regals [1:45pm - 3:30pm], The Steelyard Blues Band [5:00pm - 7:30pm].

THE PENNYWEIGHT [Market Square]
Lee Bates & Billy Newton [3:30pm - 5:30pm], The Bushwackers [7:00pm - 9:00pm].

THE BOOT ‘N’ SHOE [Market Square]
The Boneshakers [1:30pm - 3:00pm], The Steve Dixon Band [5:00pm - 7:00pm]

THE HOLE IN THE WALL [Market Square]
The Rob Barnes Band [2:00pm - 4:00pm].

THE QUAKER HOUSE [Mechanic’s Yard]
Victims Of The Fury [2:00pm - 4:00pm], Under The Radar [5:00pm - 7:00pm], Cold Flame [8:30pm - 10:30pm].

HOSKINS BAR [Blackwellgate]
The Alex Fawcett Band [7:00pm - 9:00pm].

THE JOSEPH PEASE [Tubwell Row]
The Mo Scott Band [2:30pm - 4:30pm]

THE QUAYS [Tubwell Row]
Bad Bob Bates [5:00pm - 7:00pm].

VOODOO CAFE [Skinnergate]
Howlin’ Matt [4:00pm - 5:30pm], TREVOR SEWELL [7:00pm - 9:30pm].

THE GOLDEN COCK [Tubwell Row]
Gary Grainger [1:00pm - 3:00pm].

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 796

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Always a fantastic day if anyone fancies a day in the North East

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 27 June 2013 04:39 AM

Real Ale & Real Music - always a great mix.

Market place is 5 min walk from railway station and 2 minutes from bus station and loads of cheap parking round the town. Anyone wanting to be flash and come by helicopter I dare say South Park could be made available.

Signature

Moderator is typing….

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2011-11-22

PM

1.30 The Golden Cock, Tubwell Row - me!! I’ll be rushing to the Market Place at half time of my own gig to see Aynsley for a bit!

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 27 June 2013 06:35 AM
tilerman - 27 June 2013 04:39 AM

Real Ale & Real Music - always a great mix.

Market place is 5 min walk from railway station and 2 minutes from bus station and loads of cheap parking round the town. Anyone wanting to be flash and come by helicopter I dare say South Park could be made available.

Thanks for that info.  Am gonna see if I can pinch (borrow of course, not ACTUALLY pinch) a car, but if not, me thinks I might be able to catch a train down from Newcastle.  Fantabulous!!!  Saves waiting until the Cluny in November.  I’ll be the one elbowing my way to the front!! grin

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Thanks for the update Gary - I’m sure Bluebell will give you some “elbow room” down the front.

Signature

Moderator is typing….

Rank

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

MY TRAIN TICKETS CAME ON FRIDAY!!!!

I’m coming to Darlington, and should get there just in nice time for the most important bit! 

Is gonna be a FAB weekend… Mitch Laddie live album recording at the Cluny on Friday and Aynsley at Darlington on Sunday.  Happy, happy me!!!  :-D Life is sooooo good!  Giant smiles all round.

Hoping to get a new style Tshirt too - any ideas if there are tank tops available too? Maybe I should look on the site to see, since I went on FB I haven’t been on the site much.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Bluebell - 26 August 2013 07:05 PM

.........since I went on FB I haven’t been on the site much.

There goes another one! Hope not.

Rank

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

jimmyo - 27 August 2013 08:14 AM
Bluebell - 26 August 2013 07:05 PM

.........since I went on FB I haven’t been on the site much.

There goes another one! Hope not.

Nah!  Why would I disappear from here with you wonderful guys?  This is a great forum, I just no longer rely on here alone now I am on facebook.  I will be staying, that’s for sure!!!  Planning to use both to the full.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

See you there Bluebell, shout if you want directions,

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Looks like all the gang will be there; should be a great afternoon even if the weather has other ideas. Bring a brolly folks….....

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Looking forward to this one

Rank

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

Well, what can I say???!!!

Got to Darlington fine on the train.  Met up with Steph before Aynsley’s set.  Great to see you again!  Amazing set without a doubt, despite the heavens opening and dumping a crazy amount of rain for a bit there.  This may sound like a daft thing to say, but it kinda added to the afternoon (and yeah, I am daft, I know).  As we were expecting rain and came prepared, I thought it was just funny!  Hard trying to take decent video while trying to keep both my bag and camera dry, but it was a laugh.  It also showed how much Aynsley is liked, the amount of people who stayed out in the downpour to listen.  Yeah, some might have ran for cover, but a lot stayed rooted to the spot (perhaps frantically putting up hoods and umbrellas, but still…).

I am busy waiting for some videos to upload now.  My youtube channel is Bluebell6581. Give it a day or two, then check them out and have a laugh at loads of very soggy people!!

Also had the opportunity to have a cuppa n cake with the man himself, Steph and Mike, as well as his lovely daughter.  Thanks for that - was great just to chat a bit!  Good to see John again too.  Roll on November and the Cluny ...

Rank

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

What can I say???!!!!

Quite a lot evidently!

LOL!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Thanks to the local borough council who keep this event going when other projects have bitten the dust. Hasn’t got the budget it once had but even in the rain there was a good turn out to hopefully keep it going for a lot longer yet. Probably regret not seeing the Pretty Things but with so much going on, something’s gotta’ give. Managed the distance, and the town was still buzzin at 10 pm, how it should be.

Some friends of mine were stopped handing (blues related)  flyers out!  thats a new one! I always say, We’re in this together, promote each others events at each others events. I’l be having words before next year. (good job they didn’t see me selling tickets left right and centre!)