Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Covers you’d love to hear Aynsley do

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2008-12-12

PM

Britbabe - 30 July 2008 07:37 PM

And finally from a little left-of-field, how about Roxy Music’s ‘Love is the Drug’?  I admit that idea first occurred to me when James was bassist and that lovely Jo wouldn’t quite push the same buttons for me, being a lady myself, but even so, I do love the unusual!

Thats a great song and suggestion for a cover. I saw bryan ferry in 2007,great gig.Maybe another suggestion…more than this by roxy music,i quite like blondies cover of it too.

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-02-08

PM

i agree with ibanez’s post back in july. a rory gallagher song would be great. we all know they are all great but how about:

bad penny
shadow play
philby
tattoo’d lady
secret agent or
calling card

just a few ideas

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-02-08

PM

....or how about tiny dancer by elton john, something along the lines of john frusciantes live covers…great song!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 231

Joined 2007-12-02

PM

Hey BluesBob,a man with taste from my own heart,if i had to choose a TB song it would be either Wild Dogs or Post Toastie.others i’d like to hear is Seagull by Bad Company or Black Coffee by Humble Pie.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-12-02

PM

Curby,no i didnt but gonna check it out tonight.whats your thoughts on the date/letter m coincidence in my last email.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-12-02

PM

CURBY,JUST LISTENED TO ABOVE MENTIONED JB VERSION ON YOUTUBE,WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MAN ADDS HIS OWN STYLE TO A CLASSIC SONG—- GREAT SONG,GREAT COVER,GREAT GUITARIST-NUFF SAID.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-12-02

PM

To qoute the great Mr DC “eres a song for ya” Young Girl Blues by sammy hagar(check the live version)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

I just wonder what Aynsley doing “Bad to the Bone” would sound like.

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2007-12-02

PM

kin awesome i reckon,rock the kin night away.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Crazy by Gnarls Barkley!!!!

LOL

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Britbabe - 04 March 2009 07:10 PM
The Big Blue - 01 March 2009 08:03 PM

I just wonder what Aynsley doing “Bad to the Bone” would sound like.

BB

Had a real laugh at this, at the risk of name-dropping I am lucky enough to be pals with Mr Jim Suhler, who plays lead for George Thorogood, and everytime this song appears, anywhere, any reason - I annoy the bejesus out of my whole family by going (at extreme volume) JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!  They would lock me up and throw away the key if Aynsley started doing it!!  LOL  Sorry to digress, couldn’t resist. 

Now that we have keys to consider, I was listening in the car the other day to . . . . ‘Bat Out Of Hell’.  Hmmmm, how wonderfully OTT I’m sure that would be!! 

Also, because the reason I love Aynsley even tho I’m not a big guitar fan per se, is that he’s a wailer.  Therefore I would love to hear him do AC/DC’s ‘Night Prowler’.  Shivers up the spine time, oh yes.

Hi Britbabe

To be honest anything by the mighty AC/DC would be fine - The whole of the Highway to Hell Album is faultless - not a bad track on the whole Album, so I’d go a step further and say Aynsley please take one of the best Albums ever and cover the whole lot and make it even better!!!

As for George - he’s another legend - how brill that you have a direct line into his band - you trully are amazing. I’ve now got to look up my GT back catalogue

Just to throw in another possibility Out in the Fields Gary Moore. Much as I like GM (and it is a lot) his voice is not the best so Aynsley would excel.

BB

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-03-11

PM

I would like to hear Aynsley cover Cliff Richard’s “Ready to Take All My Chances With You,”  sick (heaves into bowl) - but since that’s never gonna happen - hows about some Lynrd Skynard or Creedence Clear Water…..It’s old school - but hey do you know anybody who doesn’t sing along to Sweet Home Alabama? Well do you????

Then there’s always the Rolling Stone’s “Sympathy for the Devil” (if you know any good bongo players/people who can sing “wooo wooo” several thousand times over the course of a tour, etc, etc.

Happy days.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

JonGamble - 11 March 2009 12:10 AM

I would like to hear Aynsley cover Cliff Richard’s “Ready to Take All My Chances With You,”  sick (heaves into bowl) - but since that’s never gonna happen - hows about some Lynrd Skynard or Creedence Clear Water…..It’s old school - but hey do you know anybody who doesn’t sing along to Sweet Home Alabama? Well do you????

Then there’s always the Rolling Stone’s “Sympathy for the Devil” (if you know any good bongo players/people who can sing “wooo wooo” several thousand times over the course of a tour, etc, etc.

Happy days.

Hi Jon

Welcome to the forum.

I’m of the the opinion that it doesn’t matter what Aynsley covers it is bound to be blinding -....... even the birdie song!!! LOL

BB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 648

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

JonGamble - 11 March 2009 12:10 AM

Welcome Jon

I could spin all day on this one - but it made me think about which Stones song I think Aynsley could put his mark on, and it’s not an obvious choice as it’s one of the songs Keith sings - You Got the Silver. I think this is a great song. (Me & Mrs Icon are big Stones fans - but she’s learned how to use the skip track function on the CD player and everytime Keith steps up to the mike she uses it. She’s just got a thing about ole rubber lips you know?)

Anyway - I can just hear Aynsley spinning his magic on that old semi acoustic slide guitar with this one, and with Aynsley’s vocals added it would get heard on my CD player.

Ian

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Curby - 13 March 2009 01:36 PM

Was listening to some old Funkadelic this morning and stumbled upon their song, “Super Stupid”.  Now this is what I call a fun song!!  This song would be fun playing it live by the band and I doubt I could sit still listening to it.  Great rockin’ throughout with a pinch of funk.  Highly recommended.

Good Shout Curby.

BB