Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Covers you’d love to hear Aynsley do

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2008-04-10

PM

“Messin’ With The Kid” is all covers.  “Pay Attention” has three original tracks and six covers which are…  1) Dynamite, 2) I’m ready, 3) When My baby She Left Me, 4)Crossroads, 5) Take Me To The River and 6) Voodoo Chile.  For my money Aynsley’s version of Take Me To The River is the best live track ever recorded anywhere by anyone!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1439

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Mo Flopper - 08 August 2008 08:05 AM

“Messin’ With The Kid” is all covers.  “Pay Attention” has three original tracks and six covers which are…  1) Dynamite, 2) I’m ready, 3) When My baby She Left Me, 4)Crossroads, 5) Take Me To The River and 6) Voodoo Chile.  For my money Aynsley’s version of Take Me To The River is the best live track ever recorded anywhere by anyone!

I have the version of Take Me To The River from the live album, so its better than that! Wow.
Man, I want to get hold of these…

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1556

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Li’l Devil - The Cult’s belter - great rocker….....

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Britbabe - 09 October 2008 08:18 AM

Did some pondering on motivation on the drive home on Tuesday.  The guy wants to see outrageous suggestions here does he?  Well then . . . bearing in mind what he told me about how he came to decide on doing Purple Rain (he heard it on the radio and thought why not, so he says), then I got to thinking; what is currently all over the place, music wise?  Well, what’s the hot film at the moment?  I’m thinking are we going to get an Abba song, maybe???!!!!  He did say we’d be shocked! lmao  LOL

What would be more interesting to know was whether the band played any new material - the new album is due out in Feb and one would assume that these gigs would be a test bed for some new stuff, not more covers - as for Abba, you must be joking!!

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

IndyScott - 29 September 2008 08:11 PM

Got Tomorrow Night this morning and agree it has promise, but I think it’ll need some keyboards to do it justice. I wonder if Aynsley has considered adding a Keyboardist.A Hammond organ might flesh out his sound like it has for other Blues Artists.

Please god no !!! leave out the Hammond organ…cant think of anything worse.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

eldo56 - 09 October 2008 08:30 AM
Britbabe - 09 October 2008 08:18 AM

Did some pondering on motivation on the drive home on Tuesday.  The guy wants to see outrageous suggestions here does he?  Well then . . . bearing in mind what he told me about how he came to decide on doing Purple Rain (he heard it on the radio and thought why not, so he says), then I got to thinking; what is currently all over the place, music wise?  Well, what’s the hot film at the moment?  I’m thinking are we going to get an Abba song, maybe???!!!!  He did say we’d be shocked! lmao  LOL

What would be more interesting to know was whether the band played any new material - the new album is due out in Feb and one would assume that these gigs would be a test bed for some new stuff, not more covers - as for Abba, you must be joking!!

Britbabe, if you were considering Aynsley recording Abba whilst on your trip back home, then I’d suggest you were not in a fit state to drive. smile Please don’t do it Aynsley!! I’ve heard Travis play Staying Alive, maybe he’ll do the BeeGees!
No sounds of any new material on the last couple of dates, but I think Aynsley would be enclined to wait til he gets his new bass player on board before playing anything new.
Harry I agree,  a hammond organ/keyboards is not a route I’d like Aynsley to go down at the moment.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

yeah - I can remember when Rory Gallagher added organ to his band - awful!!! - and you gotta pay another band member - gotta keep costs to a minimum in these tricky times…........

RankRank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2008-09-23

PM

If not Newcastle then maybe Oxford (at last A local gig for me!!) or even the Carlisle fest. I’m certainly looking forward to that one. Looks like a great line up.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Britbabe - 10 October 2008 08:52 AM

Let’s hope someone in Chester posts a review and can tell us if we can get excited or not! 

We might a review earlier if Kate goes to one of Aynsley’s gigs in Deutschland later in the month. Go on Kate, we know you want to! smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Don’t get me wrong, but maybe a Pretenders song could be on the cards????

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

you got it Columbo!!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Having heard John Mayer cover SRV’s Lenny, I’d like to hear Aynsley cover this - some of those SRV instrumentals he used to do were beautiful - and an interesting challenge to someone like Ayns - wish I could play it!!!!

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2008-05-15

PM

I’d love to hear an Elton cover.. Rocket Man!   cool smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

IndyScott - 14 November 2008 11:58 PM

Rocket Man’s a great choice but Elton’s music is difficult to cover due to his unique vocals. Stevie Wonder’s music is another example of the same challenge. Have seen many an American Idol wannabe biting the dust trying to cover those two.

Ha - Rocket Man??? - John McEnroe just said “you cannot be serious”!!!!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Might I belatedly suggest AC/DC Touch Too Much or White Snakes’ Heart Of The City. Though I do like Aynsley’s originals.