You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Aynsley Lister - Tower Sessions

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1035

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

Johnno - 20 May 2010 08:48 AM
Ligho - 10 May 2010 08:54 PM

Just decided that I’m not BB who will see the band in June and that I can’t wait until Aynsley’s next gig in Germany in ? no idea when ? and ordered the new CD.
As long as the EURO is worth a penny I’ll buy some CDs tongue wink gold coins are so boring and totally overrated in my eyes.

I’m with you Ligho.
Someone tell Aynsley when I review CD’s I like to include a live shot to accompany my review, and his last visit over here in Bonn/Cologne was so long ago he was wearing short trousers wink
At this rate if I wait for him to sign his new CD after the gig I’ll have a stack of new ones by the time he comes back here!

Waiting is over. Picked up my CD yesterday at the post office.
Started to hear the first 3 songs in my car on the way to work. Bad luck, no traffic jam.
The sound is great, even in the car and it’s so much better at home. Very very happy with the new CD. Great work. “Runde Sache.”  LOL  grin  LOL
And the shot of Aynsley on the cover is from Marco van Rooijen, a great Dutch photographer. And it’s from Blues Alive in Cuijk this year. I knew I have seen that shirt before ...
http://www.bluesmagazine.nl/blues-alive-cuijk-foto-verslag-27-maart-2010-schouwburg-cuijk
Would love to buy a pictures at the next gig.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

I like the idea of a CD single release from Tower Sessions as some sort of taster for Glasto, but, and here I go sticking my neck out, wouldn’t “Hurricane” or “Sugar Low” be a better idea, coming from Aynsley’s last studio release? I’m not taking anything away from “Purple Rain”, it was so good when I heard it at Stockton I’m waiting for them to send me my shoes back. My thinking is, “Purple Rain” is a show stopper, no arguements, but for someone coming in cold to Aynsley’s music, a 9:46 track would, at best, seem self-indulgent. Okay, after hearing him play, all doubts would be removed.

To my mind, the best thing that could happen would be if the BBC were covering as usual, they sent someone beyond the face-painting tent (“I want to be a panther…GRRR”) and into the Blues tent to check out Aynsley, Oli and whoever else is playing.

Just a thought.
Mike

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1439

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Mr K mentioend Early Morning Dew on the other thread and that could be a good option. It’s been reworked on the new album and at 5.5 mins is one of the shorter tracks.

By the way I mentioned on the Sayce thread that I met a friend there, I lent her the Tower Sessions as she’s not heard Aynsley before. Her verdict was one word: Brilliant. She’ll be with me at the show the next time the ALB are in town! smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

This could straddle a couple of threads, but also on the strength of hearing Tower Sessions, I’m taking 3 friends along to Aynsley’s show at The Cluny in November, and another 2 couples are showing strong interest. It’s almost a staff trip out, so maybe I should get the minibus out. How’s that for positive promotion!

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Was hoping to do a BB, but had to go the postal route once I knew I couldn’t make the Jazz Cafe.

As has already been said - “Quality”.

Purple Rain would be the single with the most chance of attracting new interest. Maybe it is too long, but there could be a “single edit” although I wouldn’t like to choose what to leave out!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

I’m now in a quandry… work commitment prevents me from doing the Jazz Cafe, next gig isn’t until September.

Be patient ... that’s the answer!!

LOL

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

jimmyo - 24 May 2010 06:14 PM

Purple Rain would be the single with the most chance of attracting new interest. Maybe it is too long, but there could be a “single edit” although I wouldn’t like to choose what to leave out!

That was another point to make, certainly it could be edited, but it would take a better man than thee or me to do it; we agree there. Think of it as a “Freebird” moment - edited it’s a damn good song; left alone it’s definative.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

mcraggs27 - 25 May 2010 06:11 AM
jimmyo - 24 May 2010 06:14 PM

That was another point to make, certainly it could be edited, but it would take a better man than thee or me to do it; we agree there. Think of it as a “Freebird” moment - edited it’s a damn good song; left alone it’s definative.

Mike

Good thinking Mike.

I’ve not heard the Tower Sessions yet, but if it’s like the live performances then it’ll be fantastic.

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

BB
I’ve got to admire your restraint BB, I’d have chewed my left leg off by now.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

mcraggs27 - 26 May 2010 06:19 AM

BB

Mike

Watch out for a man with a crutch at the next gig!!!! LOL

Besides Aynsley knows I always get my CD from him and the band wink

BB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1035

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

The Big Blue - 26 May 2010 08:56 AM
mcraggs27 - 26 May 2010 06:19 AM

BB

Mike

Watch out for a man with a crutch at the next gig!!!! LOL

Besides Aynsley knows I always get my CD from him and the band wink

BB

Is your leg wrapped in cement or hard plaster? Nice to collect signatures. wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

My CDs are now more personal - they mean more when collected in person.

BB

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 99

Joined 2009-09-06

PM

Ligho - 20 May 2010 04:42 PM

Started to hear the first 3 songs in my car on the way to work. Bad luck, no traffic jam.

Hahahaha, you’re funny! No traffic jam…

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 108

Joined 2008-07-30

PM

Yes, let’s have another, but with live audience.

Signature

Vox audita perit, littera scripta manet