Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Aynsley Lister - Tower Sessions

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 686

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

Welcome back Fordington, I totally agree with your thoughts, the best yet.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1035

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

Just decided that I’m not BB who will see the band in June and that I can’t wait until Aynsley’s next gig in Germany in ? no idea when ? and ordered the new CD.
As long as the EURO is worth a penny I’ll buy some CDs tongue wink gold coins are so boring and totally overrated in my eyes.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

I must confess to getting a little excited about it, eveyone’s giving it rave reviews, don’t blame you going for the early punt Ligho.

BB

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-05-10

PM

I have had the Tower Sessions album since the 7th. May and I have to say the album in its self is great but track 3 PURPLE RAIN IS OUTSTANDING !! I saw Aynsley do this at the Stables Milton Keynes for the first time and it took my breath away !! At the end of this the whole theatre erupped and was on its feet!! So Aynsley a very BIG thank you for giving us this live version

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

Welcome to the forum “e”, and thanks for your comments on the new album. I totally agree with you when you say Purple Rain is outstanding. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive as to how it would come over as a recording but in the end I think it has exceeded my expectations. As I mentioned in my initial comments, I felt it would be all be down to the production as to whether this album worked, so its hats off and great rounds of applause to Aynsley for producing an album he and the whole band can be very proud of.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-05-10

PM

spurspaul - 11 May 2010 08:47 PM

Welcome to the forum “e”, and thanks for your comments on the new album. I totally agree with you when you say Purple Rain is outstanding. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive as to how it would come over as a recording but in the end I think it has exceeded my expectations. As I mentioned in my initial comments, I felt it would be all be down to the production as to whether this album worked, so its hats off and great rounds of applause to Aynsley for producing an album he and the whole band can be very proud of.

Thanks for the rely spurspual. But I thought I had to comment further, I have over the years built up a large CD collection mainly due to the fact that I am constantly searching for that album/ track that make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, and believe me they are very few and far between ! The last track that did this for me was Joe Bonamassa`s BURNING HELL from the Blues Deluxe album. But ! purple rain on Aynsley`s Tower Session surpasses that!! So once again a big thank you to Aynsley and the band for giving me that feeling. Thank you Guys.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 490

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

I wonder what the chances are on getting it released as a single as I am sure it would get airplay. If Princes people wouldn’t agree to it maybe they would listen if it went out with all profits to a charitable cause, I know that would cost Manhaton money but surely its got to be worth a punt especially with Glasto coming up.

Signature

Hellhound on my trail

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 490

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Also a good idea…. And if everyone on here downloaded it and sent 20 e mails to friends asking them to do the same , who in turn send it to 20 people and before you know it he’s No 1

Signature

Hellhound on my trail

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-06-01

PM

Received my copy today, put it on in the car and overshot my turn off the M6 by three junctions in order to listen to the whole album.

Can only agree with what’s already been said - a superb addition to the Lister catalogue.

Just one question (being a little pedantic)... when was ‘Early Morning Dew’ changed to ‘Early Morning’?  :0)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

If only it was that simple Ian. But the idea of getting Purple Rain out as a single before Glasto is a great idea. I don’t think Prince’s people could stop it even if they wanted too because its already on the album.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1440

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Hmm, the single is an interesting idea, but don’t worry it might happen anyway, Oli’s No Diggity is doing well in the Itunes Blues charts at the moment. It’s the song most downloaded from his new album.
While I would certainly recommend that all fans of Aynsley get the entire new album, I suspect there will a large number who will buy Purple Rain first, so it could well have the same impact (albeit in the blues charts!)

Wednesday, I’m not sure why Early Morning Dew has been shortened to Early Morning, there are longer track names so it does not seem logical that it’s been shortened. Maybe it’s a mistake?

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-06-01

PM

Best keep hold of the packaging then! Could be a collector’s item of the future!

RankRank

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2008-03-15

PM

Arrived in the post today and can’t fault the choice of tracks. A great mix. My only doubt is nothing to do with the album really but I still find the keys jar a bit on some songs - like Soundman and With Me Tonight. Probably coz I’m used to the studio version but I do think keys are a bit like ketchup. Love it but not with everything! Purple Rain didn’t disappoint. Not often you get goosebumps with a CD but its every bit as good as the first time I heard it live.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1556

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Yeah - mine arrived today too (at second attempt - thanks Alan) and as everyone says, a great product in every respect!!!! Soundman and Quiet Boy seem to have taken on a more funky/jazzy feel which is a nice variation…...great stuff for sure….

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Ligho - 10 May 2010 08:54 PM

Just decided that I’m not BB who will see the band in June and that I can’t wait until Aynsley’s next gig in Germany in ? no idea when ? and ordered the new CD.
As long as the EURO is worth a penny I’ll buy some CDs tongue wink gold coins are so boring and totally overrated in my eyes.

I’m with you Ligho.
Someone tell Aynsley when I review CD’s I like to include a live shot to accompany my review, and his last visit over here in Bonn/Cologne was so long ago he was wearing short trousers wink
At this rate if I wait for him to sign his new CD after the gig I’ll have a stack of new ones by the time he comes back here!