Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Great British Blues Cup Semi Final Draw

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Was on holiday, so missed the quarters, but my votes would only have made the winners more clearcut.

Getting really difficult now, surely these should be Double Bills, though I see that’s been a delicate subject of late!

If these gigs were actually happening in my home town, I’d be tempted to change venues at halftime, if feasible.

So the first semi to Aynsley, helped by some good team play from the band.

Second semi is even harder, decided by a dubious 94th minute penalty to King King.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1439

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

eldo56 - 23 March 2010 09:56 AM
Red & Blues - 23 March 2010 07:56 AM

Great Idea BB, ill run that with the final

As far as Danny Bryant is concerned, my mistake, he is not someone Im very familiar with but happy to start up a thread assuming there hasnt been one already?

I saw Danny Bryant a few weeks ago at the Beaverwood club - I like him - his style is very much like Walter Trout - he probably should have been in this competition, as opposed to perhaps, Bex Marshall….............

I’m not sure, if it’s blues rather than blues rock cup then Bex should be there, but probably there could have been some more from the start - truth be told I’m not a great fan of Bryant most of his songs are quite samey, but agree he could have featured. Gwyn Ashton was also born in Wales, and others that could have been added would include The Hoax/Jon Amor, Sean Webster, Krissy Matthews, Hokie Joint, Scott McKeown, Kyla Brox, Marcus Bonfanti, and that’s just the younger ones. Never mind perhaps they can be in the tournament next year! smile

Still deliberating over the choices here, will get back to you on them… it’s the draws I didn’t want… smile

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1439

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Ok, it’s an injury time winner from Aynsley.

Oli v King King has gone to penalties…  Alan has dived the wrong way at the final decisive spotkick! Brown’s into the final

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 648

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

A couple of controversial results here:

Joanne Shaw Taylor

King King

Bet you didn’t see that coming!

GBBC Rule 1. “Assume that the two opposing artists are playing a gig at the same time at two different venues in your home town, who do you go and see?”

Action replays confirm that I have seen Aynsley far more times than Joanne, and Oli far more times than King King. Joanne is a class act that I’ve not seen enough of, and the short set of King King I’ve witnessed convinced me they will be up there alongside the likes of Aynsley and Oli as soon as word spreads.

Ian cheese

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Having seen King King this afternoon (yes, you heard correctly smile ) I was very impressed by Mr Nimmo’s stage presence and his band’s musicianship which made for a very entertaining set. However, sticking to the GBBC rules, my votes go to:

Oli and Aynsley

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Icon - 28 March 2010 03:42 PM

Joanne Shaw Taylor

King King

GBBC Rule 1. “Assume that the two opposing artists are playing a gig at the same time at two different venues in your home town, who do you go and see?”

Action replays confirm that I have seen Aynsley far more times than Joanne, and Oli far more times than King King. Joanne is a class act that I’ve not seen enough of, and the short set of King King I’ve witnessed convinced me they will be up there alongside the likes of Aynsley and Oli as soon as word spreads.

Ian cheese

Just checking with this controversial result that this is Ian (ICON)not Ian (R&B) LOL

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

The Big Blue - 28 March 2010 07:10 PM
Icon - 28 March 2010 03:42 PM

Joanne Shaw Taylor

King King

Ian cheese

Just checking with this controversial result that this is Ian (ICON)not Ian (R&B) LOL

BB

Haha - thought that might wake you up BB.
Remember the question was not which act we thought was best.......... that may have given a different result.

I suspect that home advantage will eventually prevail.  LOL

Ian (ICON)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 490

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Hi Icon

I wonder if you would have been brave enough to cast that vote if the score had been tied…

BB

Ill do a totting up tonight and then may need some button technology from you.

Signature

Hellhound on my trail

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

Red & Blues - 30 March 2010 11:49 AM

Hi Icon

I wonder if you would have been brave enough to cast that vote if the score had been tied…

BB

Brave? Never even looked at the scores - just an honest assessment of who I’ve seen a lot of and who I want to see more of. Spreadin’ it around is all.  tongue wink

Ian

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1556

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Icon - 30 March 2010 06:21 PM

Hi Icon

BB

Brave? Never even looked at the scores - just an honest assessment of who I’ve seen a lot of and who I want to see more of. Spreadin’ it around is all.  tongue wink

Ian

Yeah - I know why you want to see more of JST!!!! wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

eldo56 - 30 March 2010 07:03 PM

Hi Icon

BB

Ian

No - you only think you do Eldo. Now put the dirty Mac back on the coatstand and let’s get back to the music.  tongue laugh

Ian

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Icon - 31 March 2010 09:04 AM
eldo56 - 30 March 2010 07:03 PM

Hi Icon

BB

Ian

No - you only think you do Eldo. Now put the dirty Mac back on the coatstand and let’s get back to the music.  tongue laugh

Ian

hahaha

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 490

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Eldo, grab your mac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPqchOVgQyA&a=0FXcp6jiCa8&playnext_from=ML

Signature

Hellhound on my trail

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Red & Blues - 01 April 2010 07:37 AM

Eldo, grab your mac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPqchOVgQyA&a=0FXcp6jiCa8&playnext_from=ML

Yes - I can see why you’re a fan - great song, great playing, great everything I guess - she looks worth checking out - see you at CSB on April 29th….......

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

This thread was one of three that amused us a couple of years ago, provoking some interesting comments. It was started by R&B with the question “Assume that the two opposing artists are playing a gig at the same time at two different venues in your home town, who do you go and see?”

In a few weeks, the good people of Kendal are going to be faced with the problem for real! Whether by bad coordination or just pure bad luck, both at good venues, they must choose between Aynsley and King King!

Is that town big enough for both of them?