Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

North East Volume Bar

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 809

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

The NEVolume magazine is one of those free magazines with gig listings and previews and reviews that you pick up free to read at venues. Its been going for about 5 yrs up here in the North East.
The Editor in chief decided to put his money where his mouth was and invest in a Venue. Timing of course was a disaster, 2 weeks pre Covid crippled his idea but didn’t kill them off.
They have managed to open the bar as a bar and have a music quiz night but this was meant to be a music venue and on Saturday, I will be there to support them as much as the 3 artists. Measures are in place of course, and I wouldn’t be going if I didn’t have faith in him.
The NEVolume Bar is in Stockton and used to be called The Music Lounge.
https://www.nevolumebar.co.uk/

Watch this space

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4602

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

September 2020
Sep 04 Fri Charlotte Grayson Alistair James, Komparison
Sep 05 Sat Beth Macari George Boomsma, Lost State Of Dan
Sep 11 Fri James Leonard Hewitson Jamie Farrell, Gaz Price
Sep 12 Sat The Lulas / Giraffes / Niamh Casey
Sep 17 Thu Comedy Night Matthew Fong, Carl Gillespie
Sep 18 Fri Andrew Johnson

October 2020
Oct 03 Sat Finn Forster / G.F. Bruce Band / Dale Husband
Oct 17 Sat Megan Dotchin / Hayley McKay / Jack Dobson
Oct 24 Sat John Harrison / Andi Grainger / Patrick Gosling

I’m tempted by Fri 11th Sept’s line-up as in the pre-Covid days (*sigh*) I heard, met and was impressed by local guy Jamie Farrell, so I’d like to catch-up but I’m in the culture-shock of being back at school, so depends when the jitters wear off. (I think, Jamie is sort of in a similar boat….)

Anyway, timing aside, a bold, new venture, deserves a bit support…

Signature

In other news; the Seven Dwarfs have been advised that as from Monday they can only meet in groups of six.
One of them isn’t Happy…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Just had my ‘arrival time’ sent. All reassuring protocol

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 03 September 2020 11:03 AM

Just had my ‘arrival time’ sent. All reassuring protocol

Look forward to a thumbnail report then…..  Always good to shout about a new venture.

Signature

In other news; the Seven Dwarfs have been advised that as from Monday they can only meet in groups of six.
One of them isn’t Happy…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Sep 05 Sat
Beth Macari George Boomsma, Lost State Of Dan
This was actually the 2nd time I have been to this bar, the first time, under previous owners, it looked like an 80s cafe. The decor is better these days.
When you turn up, whilst you are splashing the hand gel on, you are signed in and shown to your table.
You are asked to download an app for drinks, 10 mins but once done your drinks just arrive at your table. It was fairly spacious, with only 25 people in a venue that hopes to have 60/70.
On my previous visit,  State of Dan were supporting then too. Dan is a bit of a Dan Burnett, just him, a keyboard and his own songs. Liked him a lot.
George Boomsma is a young guitarist singer songwriter from Harrogate. Half originals half covers. Brave man to finish with Dylans I shall be released. Too big a song I thought but worthy effort.
Now Beth Macari, she has been pressing all the right media buttons for years. Even appeared on the Billboard chart she says. If Beth wanted to name drop, we would have been there all night. She played to 25 that night but has played to a crowd of 25 K at the Tyneside Festival.
A Great night, I’ve booked two other nights on the back of it.
(Inc Mike’s Jamie Farrell)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Ended up buying a few more tickets for the NE Volume bar. He seems to be keeping the price at £5.50 for three acts.
Doing a comedy show tonight, 5 comedians, surely one or two will be on my wavelength.  Followed by a couple of random gigs in the following couple of weeks and then, on the 16th Oct, they have half of The Glass Caves. Indie band from York. Doing acoustic for obvious reasons.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Looks like it might be early doors from Friday John, depending how Teesside follows Newcastle, Sunderland & Durham.  It’ll certainly mean an early start for Tommy next week if Cinelli’s still on.

Signature

One of them isn’t Happy…