Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Pledge Music

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4087

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

No doubt many of you will have heard that there’s a bit of a “wobble on” over at Pledge Music. The main concern being that a number of sponsored artists haven’t being getting their pledged monies at the end of their successful sponsorship runs; I know it has effected one or two that I’ve recently backed. I’m not certain how much of this has spilled over to artists who are putting up pre-release offers though I know that Elles Bailey for one are dealing with these offers directly now.

To rectify these issues quickly, Pledge have called in their original founder for help and re-structured their payment system through a third party to ensure that current campaigners are paid as soon as possible and that a more efficient payment system is in place for new and prospective campaigners in the future.

So, the advice for the moment seems to be exercise a little patience; looks like Pledge are slightly victims of their own success. I think though, they may need to look at how the differentiate between those up-and-coming artists on a campaign for a start-up and those more-established looking for a cheap store-front….?

I’m a great user of Pledge and other similar sites as this very much seems to be the way forward for newer and smaller bands getting started and getting product out there; I’ve been a believer in “crowd-funding” since Marillion first pioneered it about 20 years ago during their doldrum patch. If I have a bug-bear it’s that sometimes scheduled releases get put back by the bands - stuff happens - but by and large they are encouraged to give updates and even when they don’t they are still contactable and accountable.

On the Blues trail at the moment on Pledge are Blues prodigy Toby Lee (debut album); 2nd album from Moonshine Society; 2nd album from Jake La Botz; as well as many others….

PS - Other campaign sites are available….....

Signature

Take me down to the hai-ku city
Where the grass is green and th…...Dammit!!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 734

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4087

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 01 February 2019 02:45 PM

Check this video out https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj2pkayWcOY&feature=youtu.be

I understand that a lot of artists are “narked” at the situation but on the other hand, Danny’s campaign has reached it’s 100% target but pledgers will have to wait (at writing) 133 days (June) until the album’s release, that’s if things run smoothly; so he thinks he has a wait…..Other little niggle - he says in the video that he’s been aware of problems in pledge for a year or so - so why campaign with them? Strange boy.

I have one “pending”, should have been in my hands last week, it’s pressed and packaged, but the factory won’t release it until the artist coughs up and he’s waiting for Pledge to do likewise.

Signature

Take me down to the hai-ku city
Where the grass is green and th…...Dammit!!