Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Sedgefield Manor House

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3697

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

For only the 2nd time in my life, I spent a few hours on Saturday evening in a court room. No, I hadn’t been arrested for wielding a lethal aphorism, but rather paying my first visit to Sedgefield’s other venue, The Manor House which this evening was playing host to Lindisfarne’s Rod Clements & Ian Thompson.

Overall impression, a very cosy & convivial venue; a friendly greeting as you enter, and then the aroma of fresh brewed coffee and a compact but comprehensive bar welcomes you. The performance room was formerly Sedgefield’s Magistrates Court, not huge, granted, but an adequate stage for an acoustic performance and a capacity of around 75 cosily seated. A light show isn’t to be expected, unless you count the glow of cell-phones recording, something which the venue actively encourages by-the-way, so long as you share… Visibility is good and the sound is excellent for a small space. I’m not certain if it is a venue speciality but one touch I thought was over-and-above was that each ticket buyer got a card signed by the evening’s performers.

Their roster does seem to lean toward the more Folk and Arts, but don’t be a snob about it; this is a very pleasant little venue gaining kudos and a nice place to be on an wintery Saturday evening.

Upcoming shows for the Spring 2018 season:-
Mar 2nd - Miranda Sykes
Mar 31st - Robert Lane
Apr 14th - Craig & Willoughby
May 26th - Keith James (Songs of Nick Drake)

Signature

All those who believe in psychokenesis; raise my hand….....

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 637

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Better late than never, I attended the Miranda Sykes gig, I forget the date but put back from March due to snow . She played with no amps of anykind. Worked rather well in that size room (I was taking notes for future ref!) I also got a tour of the cells which hopefully will become a club/ music venue itself

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3697

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

If you blinked, you probably have just missed out on a ticket to see Rebecca Downes playing informal & acoustic at Sedgefield Manor House on Dec 1st. I don’t think even Tilerman who is organising the event expected such a fast sale (he’s still counting his fingers….).

Other “goodies” coming up include:-

Kate Bush tribute - 22nd Sept
Cat Stevens tribute - 27th Oct
Old Red Eyes - 9th Nov
Hut people - 2nd March
Rob Clements & Rab Noakes - 3rd May….

Signature

All those who believe in psychokenesis; raise my hand….....

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 637

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 06 September 2018 02:51 PM

If you blinked, you probably have just missed out on a ticket to see Rebecca Downes playing informal & acoustic at Sedgefield Manor House on Dec 1st. I don’t think even Tilerman who is organising the event expected such a fast sale (he’s still counting his fingers….).

Other “goodies” coming up include:-

Kate Bush tribute - 22nd Sept
Cat Stevens tribute - 27th Oct
Old Red Eyes - 9th Nov
Hut people - 2nd March
Rob Clements & Rab Noakes - 3rd May….

Yes, whoosh but a handful here
https://www.ents24.com/sedgefield-events/manor-house/rebecca-downes/1073907280

Funny you should use the word Goodies, Rebecca will be handing out Goody Bags at her gig.