Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

SKEGNESS Great British R&B Blues Festival

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 637

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Seriously, this hasn’t got it’s own thread? I can’‘t wait to put the glad rags on and meet up with 4000 similar minded people. For, value for money, you can’t beat it. 4 Indoor venues, dozens of Artists food and drink until it comes out of your ears (if you wish)  and comfortable chalets to recharge your batteries. and not talking about your phone. The staff are nothing less than brilliant.
#excited

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3697

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 15 January 2018 12:48 PM

Seriously, this hasn’t got it’s own thread? I can’‘t wait to put the glad rags on and meet up with 4000 similar minded people. For, value for money, you can’t beat it. 4 Indoor venues, dozens of Artists food and drink until it comes out of your ears (if you wish)  and comfortable chalets to recharge your batteries. and not talking about your phone. The staff are nothing less than brilliant.
#excited

Main stages:-
Roger Chapman – family and friends; Nazareth ; Atomic Rooster; Frankie Miller’s Full House; Dare; Stray; Bernie Marsden; Screaming Eagles; Billy Walton Band; Xander & The Peace Pirates; Chantel McGregor; Edgar Broughton; Southbound; Lucky Peterson; Dr Feelgood ; Jo Harman; Earl Thomas; Alvin Youngblood Hart’s Muscle Theory; Sari Schorr & The Engine Room; Rebecca Downes; Rob Tognoni; Thorbjorn Risager; Connie Lush Band; Slack Alice & Friends; Tom Walker Trio; Greg Coulson.

Introducing & Blues Matters Stages:-
Saiichi Sugiyama Band; The Mike Ross Band; Thr3e; Deep Blue Sea; The Joe Anderton Band; Storm Warning; Yoka And The Sugarbeats; The Ryk Mead Band; The Blues Issue; Stan; Andy Power Band; The Wilbur Project; Robin Bibi Band; Jack Hutchinson Boom Boom; Brotherhood; Rainbreakers; Roadhouse Jam; Matt Edwards Band; Troy Redfern Band; Ash Wilson Band; Al Hughes; Benjamin Bassford Band; Backwater Roll; Roadhouse; James O’Hara; Elles Bailey

Line-up like that, don’t be surprised if you see several John Tates running around…....

Signature

All those who believe in psychokenesis; raise my hand….....

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 15 January 2018 01:05 PM
tilerman - 15 January 2018 12:48 PM

#excited

Main stages:-
Roger Chapman – family and friends; Nazareth ; Atomic Rooster; Frankie Miller’s Full House; Dare; Stray; Bernie Marsden; Screaming Eagles; Billy Walton Band; Xander & The Peace Pirates; Chantel McGregor; Edgar Broughton; Southbound; Lucky Peterson; Dr Feelgood ; Jo Harman; Earl Thomas; Alvin Youngblood Hart’s Muscle Theory; Sari Schorr & The Engine Room; Rob Tognoni; Thorbjorn Risager; Connie Lush Band; Slack Alice & Friends; Tom Walker Trio; Greg Coulson.

Introducing & Blues Matters Stages:-
Saiichi Sugiyama Band; The Mike Ross Band; Thr3e; Deep Blue Sea; The Joe Anderton Band; Storm Warning; Yoka And The Sugarbeats; The Ryk Mead Band; The Blues Issue; Stan; Andy Power Band; The Wilbur Project; Robin Bibi Band; Jack Hutchinson Boom Boom; Brotherhood; Rainbreakers; Roadhouse Jam; Matt Edwards Band; Troy Redfern Band; Ash Wilson Band; Al Hughes; Benjamin Bassford Band; Backwater Roll; Roadhouse; James O’Hara; Elles Bailey

Line-up like that, don’t be surprised if you see several John Tates running around…....

Ahem, you appear to have missed someone off, can you guess, she’s blonde and she better not find out! Please edit lol

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

WOT!!! Debbie Harry…....  wink

Blame Skeggy for not updating all their ads…....

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 15 January 2018 01:39 PM

WOT!!! Debbie Harry…....  wink

Blame Skeggy for not updating all their ads…....

I phoned up to book last week (just got in) The guy on the phone started giving me the chat (as they have too) and said, I will tell you some of the bands you will see, and after three bands I shouted Stop stop, from now on you mention Rebecca Downes third band in Ok lol.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

It’s hard to describe how much fun I had at the weekend. Take 4/5000 similar minded people, thousands of gallons of drink, As much as you can eat restaurants, A couple of hundred musos, old and new, great attentive staff, Accommodation that works out about £85 each which includes all the music. (Food and drink extra) and what do you get?
Not much sleep, that’s what! Still shattered!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 25 January 2018 01:07 AM

It’s hard to describe how much fun I had at the weekend. Take 4/5000 similar minded people, thousands of gallons of drink, As much as you can eat restaurants, A couple of hundred musos, old and new, great attentive staff, Accommodation that works out about £85 each which includes all the music. (Food and drink extra) and what do you get?

And they say it’s a young man’s game….......

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 05 February 2018 03:34 PM

Good Job its only once a year then, mind you, I’ve heard a rumour who’s on at it’s Rocks Sister Festival at Minehead next year, better book a fortnight off!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 05 February 2018 04:39 PM
mcraggs27 - 05 February 2018 03:34 PM

Good Job its only once a year then, mind you, I’ve heard a rumour who’s on at it’s Rocks Sister Festival at Minehead next year, better book a fortnight off!

Well, you’ve probably got Scarborough coming up to get some training in.

Signature