Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Paul Jones stepping down from Radio2 Blues Show

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3629

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Looks like a shake-up on Radio 2; after many years Paul Jones is stepping down as the regular Blues Show presenter.
From Radio 2’s blog page:-
Cerys Matthews joins the Radio 2 fold when she takes over the Blues Show from Paul Jones who is leaving the network after many years as the regular host. I’d like to wish Paul the very best and thank him for igniting and then keeping the Blues flame alive on Radio 2 for many years. Cerys is an expert music curator, with a genuine and deep passion for Blues music (not to mention a vinyl collection that runs into the thousands), and I’m sure she’ll bring a new twist to our Blues programming, with a few surprises thrown in. We look forward very much to welcoming her to this programme, which will be presented live in its new slot of 8pm–9pm on Monday evenings.

I’m sure we all wish Paul well and thank him for keeping the flame burning while at the same time look forward to what Cerys brings to the genre.

Signature

Unicorns aren’t real, but giraffes are. Giraffes!?!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 616

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 11 January 2018 12:07 PM

Looks like a shake-up on Radio 2; after many years Paul Jones is stepping down as the regular Blues Show presenter.
From Radio 2’s blog page:-
Cerys Matthews joins the Radio 2 fold when she takes over the Blues Show from Paul Jones who is leaving the network after many years as the regular host. I’d like to wish Paul the very best and thank him for igniting and then keeping the Blues flame alive on Radio 2 for many years. Cerys is an expert music curator, with a genuine and deep passion for Blues music (not to mention a vinyl collection that runs into the thousands), and I’m sure she’ll bring a new twist to our Blues programming, with a few surprises thrown in. We look forward very much to welcoming her to this programme, which will be presented live in its new slot of 8pm–9pm on Monday evenings.

I’m sure we all wish Paul well and thank him for keeping the flame burning while at the same time look forward to what Cerys brings to the genre.

It would be great if Cerys brings more people to the table

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well if nothing else its going to be interesting times….. Would be nice to see/hear some fresh sounds, but then you know what the “old guard” are like. Mind you, the “Cardiff Klaxon” wasn’t a name I was expecting in the frame

Hand on heart though; it won’t change my listening…....

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 616

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

And there he was, gone. Farewell Mr Paul Jones. A 13 week series turned into 32 years.
My highlight? when he name checked me three times in one programme lol.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 23 April 2018 07:10 PM

And there he was, gone. Farewell Mr Paul Jones. A 13 week series turned into 32 years.
My highlight? when he name checked me three times in one programme lol.

He always has been a notorious name-dropper….... lol

Signature