Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Equilibrium - Fan Reviews

Poll: Have You Pre-ordered Equililbrium Yet?
Total Votes: 12
Yes
No
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1439

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Hi,

This is just a reminder that Aynsley’s new album can be pre-ordered at this web address:

http://www.manhatonrecords.com/newreleases.php

I can’t wait to hear it smile

Image Attachments

Hatman2024-Front-Cover.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Curby - 24 January 2009 11:49 AM

Duncan - That’s a typo on the month, right?

Oops, duly edited, it was too early on a Saturday for me, thanks for pointing it out! smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Hope you manage to get one on Friday! Make sure you arrive early. Then when you get it, you can head back to the car, listen to it in full and then return to see the band. You may even be able to sing the words of the new songs as they are played! LOL

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

I’ve already heard most of it twice - at Chislehurst and Sutton and it is very good (live -leastways).

I always get the boy to sign mine - I forgot to ask him at Sutton if we could pre-order a signed copy, I was too busy looking for a pen for him to sign Upside Down for a friend I took along who is a new convert.

The real question is can I wait ‘til Dingwalls?

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

The Big Blue - 26 January 2009 05:56 PM

Not a chance! It will be interesting to know if the new album will be available for legal download from sites such as Itunes, emusic and Amazon. That way you could listen to the album over the next few months and then buy a physical copy the next time to see Ayns.

I wonder if Rachie could find out this for us?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

greenose - 26 January 2009 09:02 PM

Not a chance! It will be interesting to know if the new album will be available for legal download from sites such as Itunes, emusic and Amazon. That way you could listen to the album over the next few months and then buy a physical copy the next time to see Ayns.

OK I might try and get to Farnham instead…. but can I wait til Farnham cool hmm

BB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 686

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

I thought I was the first to pre-order Equilibrium. I am desperately hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can listen to it on my way to the gig at Swindon tomorrow night. As I said before totally new venue for me Bar 12, so should be interesting in more than one. Will let everyone know what I think on Friday.

Paul

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

spurspaul - 28 January 2009 07:36 PM

I thought I was the first to pre-order Equilibrium. I am desperately hoping it arrives tomorrow so I can listen to it on my way to the gig at Swindon tomorrow night. As I said before totally new venue for me Bar 12, so should be interesting in more than one. Will let everyone know what I think on Friday.

Paul

Did you get it yet

BB

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-01-30

PM

I have just got the new album in the post today and am listening to it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really different, its like all the past influences have been buried and its a style all of its own.  However only on track 3

micky

Signature

Music is the best….!

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2008-01-05

PM

Same, got the album today.  Overall I’m very impressed.

Particular favourites at the moment (although there will undoubtedly be more) are the acoustic cover of Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy” and the epic “What’s It All About”.  Shame that track fades out though, would have liked a better ending…  Also, The last track on the album “Hurricane” is very good.

Nice to see “Running Out On Me” finally recorded after only being available for so long on the Live! album.  And a very good one it is too!  However, still no studio recording of “Snake”...  WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2008-01-05

PM

Oh and yes, the style had broadened out very much.  If you think “All Or Nothing” was just 2 (proper) albums ago, you could almost think Aynsley’s a different artist altogether.  It took me a while to get used to “Upside Down” because that showed some definite changes, and now even more so with the new album though.  However, this isn’t a bad thing in my view!  If anything, it’s going to broaden Aynsley’s appeal, and hopefully help him break through to decent recognition…..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 686

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

No BB it did not turn up before the Swindon gig, but Aynsley has copies to sell at gigs now.
It was waitng on the mat for me when I got home this afternoon. Was listening to it whilst I wrote about the Swindon gig last night. As has been mentioned it is yet another slight change of direction but maybe not a bad thing.
Overall first impression of whole album 8 out of 10

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

refuse_to_follow - 30 January 2009 03:17 PM

If anything, it’s going to broaden Aynsley’s appeal, and hopefully help him break through to decent recognition…..

That’s what we all want!

Heading home, you may hear from me later smile

RankRank

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2007-03-19

PM

greenose - 26 January 2009 09:02 PM

Hiya - just a quick note - if anyone does want me to try and get info it’s always better to PM me as I get a notification that someone is after me - although I do check in regularly we look after in excess of 60 sites so it can go a week or two before I see it and if it’s been busy on the forums (like recently) I don’t always see all the new posts smile

I got back from a couple of days away to find a copy of the album on the table as well so I’ll be having a listen myself tomorrow

R x

Signature

I’m a moderator and I moderate

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-01-30

PM

Finished album now and still think its great only after the first listen.  I normally take a few goes to form an opinion of a new album but with this one…..

Unfortunately I will have to wait a few months to see the new band because there are no gigs down my way.  The year is still new, though so there is plenty of time

Micky

Signature

Music is the best….!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Yes, its a really good album, mine came yesterday! Stand outs for me include the great guitar work on What Its All About (which we knew about), Soul and Forever have great commerical appeal, Sugar Low is a great Rory Gallagher style rocker and Hurricane is superb.  Running On Empty, Crazy and Early Morning Dew stand out too. Running Out On Me and The Big Sleep are pretty guitar heavy, whilst on other tracks such as Time’s Up, the vocals are a little higher in the mix than we’d be used on on previous albums. There’s even an epic sound to a couple of tracks. Need to listen to it more, but tts looking certainly like at least 8/10 for me too at this early stage! smile