Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Most Unexpected Cover Heard At A Gig

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3364

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

To try and address the balance with the other new thread about most often heard covers, how about a thread about the songs you wouldn’t expect done “Blues”.

Okay, as a high-water mark, Aynsley’s take on Gnarls Barclay’s Crazy, or Red Butler tipping their caps to old mate Rag’n'Bone Man’s Human

So here’s a new one - Nat King Cole’s China Gate, done by Thorbjorn Risager & Black Tornado

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

The Beatles’ Come Together.... by Australian one-man-band Claude Hay (supporting WATB last night).

Plenty more to say about this guy; I was well impressed.

From a previous tour - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KkcLHLWH4o
(as played on “Betty” rather than this tour’s “Loretta”)

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 11 October 2017 08:18 AM

The Beatles’ Come Together.... by Australian one-man-band Claude Hay (supporting WATB last night).

Plenty more to say about this guy; I was well impressed.

Thought this might pop up. Great show supporting Wille and the Bandits.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Always good when Rebecca & the band launch into Ike & Tina’s Baby Get It On, as they did Friday night. However, I notice Mollie Marriott & Bad Touch as well as Vintage Trouble are starting to swing it towards the other thread…
(From The Cluny) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4JevTGQxQo

Makes up for their transgressions into the “Most Heard Covers”; Another Piece of My Heart & Rather Go Blind

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 573

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Two ‘strange covers came to me tonight. (The late) Moreland and Arbuckle used to to do Tears For Fears Everybody used to rule the world. And Paul Liddell’s band once had some fun with Video killed the Radio star, hard to describe but maybe ‘Drunk punk’, is close!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Some would say strange or even bizarre at some of the covers and stuff heard last night at JW Jones’ gig at The Cluny, but I would call it fun. Opening with the surf classic Wham! and closing with a Ventures medley including Walk Don’t Run, Secret Agent Man; James Bond Theme, Hawaii 50, Apache, Misirlou and several others, taping into Jerry McGee / Nokie Edwards vibe. Biggest grin maker though was Simpson Theme in a BB King style…

How many can you recognise from this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJXPxVg_ds

PS, on the Memphis Sun album, JW does a Bluesed-up cover of an olde Bryan Adams, Cuts Like A Knife.

Signature