You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Classic Rock Magazine

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3088

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Jan 4th 2017

Classic Rock magazine

Thomas Campbell MacLennan, Alexander Iain Fraser and Jason Daniel Baker of FRP Advisory LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators of Team Rock Limited (“the Company”) on 19 December 2016. The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, who act as agents of the Company and without personal liability. The Company is being managed on a care and maintenance basis only whilst a buyer for the assets is sought. Accordingly, the TeamRock website will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. The administrators are assessing the position regarding publication of magazines. If you are a subscriber to the Company’s publications the administrators can be contacted via email at teamrock.subscribers@frpadvisory.com

So, if like me, you’ve been waiting for the latest magazine (for the 2017 calendar), and thinking it’s been held back to accommodate an obit for Rick Parfitt; all I’ve heard is that it is at the printers, but has been held back awaiting decision of the administrators.
Here’s hoping though, news of the death has been greatly exaggerated, or else I’ll be falling back on Q.

Signature

I wonder if T2 will be as big a disappointment as the original Trainspotting was to the railway enthusiast.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

mcraggs27 - 04 January 2017 01:20 PM

Classic Rock magazine

Thomas Campbell MacLennan, Alexander Iain Fraser and Jason Daniel Baker of FRP Advisory LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators of Team Rock Limited (“the Company”) on 19 December 2016. The affairs, business and property of the Company are being managed by the Joint Administrators, who act as agents of the Company and without personal liability. The Company is being managed on a care and maintenance basis only whilst a buyer for the assets is sought. Accordingly, the TeamRock website will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. The administrators are assessing the position regarding publication of magazines. If you are a subscriber to the Company’s publications the administrators can be contacted via email at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

So, if like me, you’ve been waiting for the latest magazine (for the 2017 calendar), and thinking it’s been held back to accommodate an obit for Rick Parfitt; all I’ve heard is that it is at the printers, but has been held back awaiting decision of the administrators.
Here’s hoping though, news of the death has been greatly exaggerated, or else I’ll be falling back on Q.

Jan 9th 2017
Amendment to this…..  Issue 232 has sneaked out, with customary CD & book - (but NO Calendar): there’s nothing in the editorial concerning any problems so lets see what happens on Jan 25th when issue 233 is due out. Meantime, good read on “their” selection of 100 best albums of the 1980 - I managed 52 of their selection.

3:50pm - further update - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/08/heir-guitars-rock-and-metal-music-publisher-teamrock-saved?CMP=share_btn_fb

Signature

I wonder if T2 will be as big a disappointment as the original Trainspotting was to the railway enthusiast.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Issue 233 is now out in the shops. There’s an editorial about the problems but basically the former owners have bought the mag back (at a tenth of the selling cost).

Issue 234 will hit the shops around March 9th….. Subscriptions deals (for the brave) are available.

Word is that the Prog Magazine spin-off will continue from Feb 15th, but no mention of earlier causality Blues Magazine, as yet.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Issue 234 - Nice piece on Deep Purple this month - are they or aren’t they closing for business at the end of the year?

Signature