Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

2016 Touring Band

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 75

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Hi Chaps and Chapesses…
Anyone know who makes up Aynsley’s touring band for this year 2016?
I will be seeing Aynsley in Bristol and am hoping to take a couple of mates, one of whom is interested to know who’s playing drums this tour…. He apparently didn’t rate the last chap he saw with Aynsley a couple of years ago..
:-D

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hello stranger;  haven’t heard from you for a while….Hope all’s well.

So far as I know, drummer is Boneto Dryden, bassist - Steve Amadeo; keyboards has been in a bit of a flux over the last year or so, sometimes Andre, sometimes Bennett Holland, saw Johnny Dyke standing in at Durham and in December it was Andy Price. Same old guitarist/singer, though has a new Probett Strat (Olympic White) that he’s very proud of…

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRank

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Thanks matey!!
Yes!! playing in a band does take up most of my (spare) time!!!
I will try and make an effort to become more forum active… gigs and rehearsal allowing!!
I think my mates saw Aynsley at the Tunnels a while back and the drummer apparently had a shocker. (We’ve all had them!!) wink
Looking forward to the Lantern at the Bristol Colston Hall, it’s the first time I’ve been in there since they converted it into a venue in it’s own right. It used to be the main bar area for the hall….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hey, good luck with the band. With Tilerman and Greenose and even Jimmyo on here doing promotions for clubs, maybe a booking may happen…... though have to say Duncan (Greenose) has also been [forum] quiet for a couple of years. (Haven’t heard from BB in a while, nor Icon; though regularly meet up with Britbabe at local gigs)

Aynsley’s band line-up has been pretty constant for a couple of years now, though as I said, there has been a bit of flux on the keyboards; wished I’d been able to get to last year’s Poland gig though when Aynsley had a “Big Band” on stage, Andre & Bennett on piano & organ, 3 piece horn section & backing singers: if you missed it, check out the YouTube. I didn’t get down to Skegness, but if Tilerman picks up this thread, maybe he can confirm the current line-up (I won’t be able to make Scarborough either, Aynsley is “artist in residence” for the week-end).

Aynsley & band @ Skeggy; 23/1/16 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo63mh7tWN0

You’ve probably seen elsewhere on the forum, Aynsley’s working on a new album, hopefully for Summer/Autumn release; so far, I’ve only heard 2 new songs out on the road and word of what promises to be a classic (Grand Mafioso) brewing. The new stuff is probably on YouTube though Aynsley asked folk to hold back until he’s got the album out; “to keep it fresh”. So, it doesn’t seem like he’s doing as last time, getting the new stuff road-polished and taking the band hot into the studio.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 24 February 2016 09:23 AM

.... With Tilerman and Greenose and even Jimmyo on here doing promotions for clubs, maybe a booking may happen…... though have to say Duncan (Greenose) has also been [forum] quiet for a couple of years.

Aye, keeps us busy!

RankRankRank

Joined 2008-07-12

PM

Sorry for the delay, only just had the time to sit down and post a short reply regarding Aynsley’s Bristol Jazz and Blues festival gig….
Thoroughly enjoyable, despite Aynsley’s vocals were barely audible for the first third of the gig. They did improve later on. What is it soundmen can hear the rest of us can’t? grin
Great turnout, all but a full house…. oh, and Boneto was great, even my mate had to concede that!!!
Looking forward to the Tunnels later this year!!!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

spasmcasm - 22 March 2016 05:26 PM

Sorry for the delay, only just had the time to sit down and post a short reply regarding Aynsley’s Bristol Jazz and Blues festival gig….
Thoroughly enjoyable, despite Aynsley’s vocals were barely audible for the first third of the gig. They did improve later on. What is it soundmen can hear the rest of us can’t? grin
Great turnout, all but a full house…. oh, and Boneto was great, even my mate had to concede that!!!
Looking forward to the Tunnels later this year!!!!

Nice one! Appreciate the feedback. Did you pick up on any new material? As you may have seen on other thread, the NEW album is scheduled for August release and Aynsley’s been a bit coy this time round on the newer songs.

Signature