Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Festival Season 2016

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Only came across this by accident at the week-end while enjoying at day out at the seaside. Strolling along Tynemouth, heard some really cool sounds coming from the Surf Café which it turned out, was hosting a 12hr, free music event. Walked past a couple of times, but the band who really caught my ear was Newcastle’s Alex Heath & The Ocelot Oroject.. Take a bow guys, because if any promoters are looking in and fancy an Indie Rock/Surf band…...

Checking on Surf Café, I’ve mentioned them a couple of times in the Gig Guide, and they’ve got a strong roster of bands through the year, so worth checking out, even if it is cozy & compact.

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

KENT BLUES ROCK FESTIVAL - 24th Sept
Leo’s Red Lion, Crete Hall Rd, Gravesend, Kent DA11 9AA

Stevie Nimo Trio; The Mentulls; Red Butler; Jack J Hutchinson; Catfish; Blacktop Deluxe; Born Healer; Robin Bibi

LEEK BLUES & AMERICANA FESTIVAL - 28TH SEPT - 2ND OCT
Various venues in and around town http://www.leekblues.co.uk for further details.

Lisa Mills; Breeze & Wilson; Tom Seals Band; Earl Grey Whistle Test; Uptown Swing; Chris Bevington & Friends; Three Time Losers; Missing Link; Harry Moores; Randall’s Stone; + more…...

36TH RAWA BLUES FESTIVAL - 30th Sept - 1st Oct
Katowice; Poland

Keb Mo & NOSPR; Corey Harris Solo
JJ Grey & Mofro; Shemekia Copeland; Albert Lee; Toronzo Cannon; Shakin’ Dudi; DZEM

CHELMSFORD - 5TH BLUES IN THE CITY - 2nd - 4th October
Chelmsford Social Club

Fri 2nd - Split Whiskers; Will Johns; Roadhouse
Sat 3rd - Howlin’ Mat; Jack Hutchinson; Dove & Boweevil; Joel Fisk & The Breakdown;
          Roscoe Levee; Slack Alice; Robbie McKintosh
Sun 4th - Ben Smith; Katie Bradley; The Sharpees; Mumbo; Karene K; Steve Pablo & Friends; Malaya Blue

SWANAGE BLUES FESTIVAL - 6,7,8,9th Oct
Various town venues - Starting from the pier, the first venues are the East Bar and Bar One (1 High St), then the White Horse (11), Ship Inn (23a), White Swan (31), Anchor Inn (30), *Tawny’s (52) and Red Lion (63). The Black Swan (159) is about 300 yards further with The Legion (150) another 200 yards on from that.
Opposite The Legion is Priests Way, which leads to Panorama Rd and Swanage Bay View Holiday Park about 400 yards away.
Further details - http://www.swanage-blues.org
Line-up:-
3 Buck Shirt, Anita Jardine, Assorted Buskers, Backwater Roll Blues Band, Blue Touch, Catfish, Chicago 9, Dan Sowerby, Darrington, Budden & Hokum, Fabulous Fezheads, Grand Finale, Great West Groove, Hugh Budden, Jam Sessions with Robin Bibi Band, John McClean & The Clan, LedFree, Lewis Cohen, Northsyde, Open Mic Sessions hosted by Anita Jardine, Pete Harris and…, Ray Drury, Red Butler, Red River Hogs, Riverside Blues Band, Robert Hokum, Robin Bibi Band, Stan’s Blues Jamboree, Steve Darrington, Swanage Skiffle Kings, Teed Up, The Baroness and The Bear, The Blues Duo - Tommy Allen & Johnny Hewitt, The Blues Issue, The Elevators, The Jawbreakers, The Milk Men, The Mustangs, The RedCrow, The Riotous Brothers, The Tom Seals Band, The Wang Dang Doodle, Tommy Allen’s Trafficker, Voodoo Sheiks, Zoe Schwarz Blue Commotion,

BLUES DES DEUX RIVIERES - 7th & 8th Oct
Bell-Iles-en-Terre, France

Elles Bailey; Sari Schorr & the Engine Room; Big Pete Band; Kat & Co; Mississippi Heat

SOUTHPORTS BIG BLUES FESTIVAL - 7th & 8th October
The Atkinson; Lord St. Southport. PR8 1DB http://www.theatkinson.co.uk/

Dr Feelgood; Dan Burnett; Rosco Levee; Lisa Mills; The Connie Lush Band; Andy Fairweather Low & The Low Riders

11th TENBY BLUES FESTIVAL - 11th-13th November
Tenby; Pembrokeshire;  http://www.tenbyblues.co.uk

Lisa Mills; Bella Collins Band; Gerry Jablonski and the Electric Band; Phil Doleman, Ian Emmerson & Guests; Benjamin Bassford; Dale Storr; The Rumblestrutters; Glas; The Kaz Hawkins Band; King King; The LeBurn Maddox Band; The Ian Siegal Band; Ukulele Workshop With Phil Doleman; Dec’s Juke Joint

HEREFORD BLUES FESTIVAL - 19th Nov
Hereford Left Bank Venue; Bridge St. Hereford. HR4 9DG   http://www.herefordleftbank.com

Laurence Jones Band;  J Alexander & The Blues Devils; Slowburner; Troy Redfern Band; Tommy Allen & Johnny Hewitt (The Blues Duo)

Hope your tyres are in good order, John…..

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

SOUTHPORTS BIG BLUES FESTIVAL - 7th & 8th October
The Atkinson; Lord St. Southport. PR8 1DB http://www.theatkinson.co.uk/

Dr Feelgood; Dan Burnett; Rosco Levee; Lisa Mills; The Connie Lush Band; Andy Fairweather Low & The Low Riders

Hope your tyres are in good order, John…..
Mmmm this would be my choice, (if anybody wants to sponsor me)
Found my passport so the November Blues Cruise to Amsterdam for Ian Seigal hac become a possibility.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

International Blues Mini-cruise P&O Ferries; Hull to Rotterdam 4th-5th November

The Norman Beaker Band; Larry Garner (USA); Kyla Brox; The Revolutionaires
Lisa Mills (USA) (outward crossing only)
Little Steve and the Big Beat (NL) (return crossing only)

ONSHORE
(Amsterdam)
Ian Siegal

MC Michael Ford (Cowling Wolf)

UK Blues Challenge @ Robin 2, Bilston Nov 12th

Rebecca Downes & the Boys are in the UK Blues Challenge Finals, competing with Dove & Boweevil; Kaz Hawkins; and Wille & The Bandits.

The winners go on to represent the UK at the European & International Blues Challenge 2017.

Ilfracombe Blues Festival

Friday 11th Nov:-
Stray; Terry Reid; Giles Robson; Husky Tones; Voodoo Sheiks; Black Circles

Sat 12th Nov:-
Royal Southern Brotherhood; Laurence Jones; Edgar Broughton; Kris Barras; Yoka & The Sugarbeats; Dr. Blue

Sun 13th Nov:
KIng King; Dr. Feelgood; Thorbjorn Risager & The Black Tornado; Tom Seals Band; Jamie Williams & The Roots Collective; Elles Bailey; Amy Eftekhari

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

UK Blues Challenge @ Robin 2, Bilston Nov 12th

Rebecca Downes & the Boys are in the UK Blues Challenge Finals, competing with Dove & Boweevil; Kaz Hawkins; and Wille & The Bandits.

The winners go on to represent the UK at the European & International Blues Challenge 2017.

Had my Hotel at the Robin 2 booked for 6 months !