Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

New album for 2016 - Eyes Wide Open

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Pretty broad hint was dropped on a recent blog from the Capt. about being back at work in the studio as well as some word from the Boss (Steph) about some good sounds coming from Aynsley’s music room. So, there may be a chance of a couple of new songs getting a first road-airing on the current tour, so listen out.

I know last time round, there was one particular song got some road-play, but (to Jdog’s chagrin) never made it to HOME, but who knows, perhaps some re-working….....

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, things are definitely moving on the new album front; Aynsley announced on stage at The Cluny on Saturday night that he’s studio bound in January and, fingers crossed, a new album for late summer/early autumn. Not only that, but a couple of new songs appeared in the set, classic Lister.

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 123

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Mike, I hope you are correct and his song “The Road to Take” (or whatever the official title is) makes it to the next album.  In my opinion, it’s a way too good song not to share….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

jdog5407 - 08 December 2015 01:23 AM

Mike, I hope you are correct and his song “The Road to Take” (or whatever the official title is) makes it to the next album.  In my opinion, it’s a way too good song not to share….

Hey John,
The 2 new songs Aynsley feature on Saturday night were called Stay (which had a great guitar outro) and something like Other Part Of Me (I must stop standing near the monitors….) which had a great hook that was somehow familiar, yet not - if that makes any sense.

I can’t give much more away as Aynsley asked specifically at Newcastle, and probably other shows on the tour, that fans not record them for YouTube etc, as he wants the songs to be fresh when the new album comes out.

Signature

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

I talked to both today.  Last day in the studio for it.  So hopefully it won’t take long for this bad boy to get out.  This also brings me to another question that I have for the board, which I want to pose as a new topic out on the front and I want as many as possible to chime in on it as I keep going back and forth with boss lady over this, and she and I don’t see it the same way, but I have a feeling all of you will.  So let the people speak.

Signature

GO RAIDERS!  FIGHT ON TROJANS!  “JUST WIN BABY”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

To quote Steph…....

“Heyyyy!!! The album launch party is now BOOKED, at an awesome venue in Nottingham and includes a three course meal at the same venue!!  (Ed… Rescue Rooms?)

August 4th... Details to be announced soon, but save the date!

Speaking of the album… I just had a listen through and it’s ONE HOUR AND SEVEN MINUTES LONG!!! Freakin’ ‘MAZING!

Anyway.. As you were… “

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hey Stephers:  3 yers on from the release of HOME and about 3 months to the release date; any hints or suggestions on the title for the new album?

Something nice and “woody” please, not any “tinny” words….. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gwXJsWHupg

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hmm….. Are you teasing us Aynsley & Steph? 

Is that image on the News section about the forthcoming new album any sort of hint as to the cover artwork…? Very Edward Hopper…

2 thumbs up if it is.

Okay; that’s a new question; here’s the answer to a couple of earlier ones…....

Aynsley Lister - Eyes Wide Open ALBUM LAUNCH

Eyes Wide Open ALBUM LAUNCH PARTY!!!

Taking place at Bistro Live! in Nottingham, the party will include a three course meal.
(2 Barkergate, Nottinghan; not far from Motorpoint Arena)

Tickets (£27.50) available through the MERCH link on home-page

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

mcraggs27 - 16 May 2016 10:38 AM

Taking place at Bistro Live! in Nottingham, the party will include a three course meal.
(2 Barker Gate, Nottinghan; not far from Motorpoint Arena)

Just been checking, as I know the centre of Nottingham about as well as the dark side of the moon. There is a NCP car park on nearby Stoney Street, but reports seem to say it is VERY expensive and a bit dubious: most favourable appear to be Nottingham Arena car park which is only 5 mins walk from Barker Gate and Lace Market car park, Pilcher St, very reasonable too, and similar walking time. Unless anyone local has other suggestions…...

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 12 May 2016 10:27 AM

[color=red] .... 3 yers on from the release of HOME ......

3 years! Where did that go?!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

jimmyo - 15 June 2016 10:34 AM
mcraggs27 - 12 May 2016 10:27 AM

[color=red] .... 3 yers on from the release of HOME ......

3 years! Where did that go?!

A craftsman should never be rushed…...

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Was down at Ripley on Saturday and the new songs are drip feeding into the set now . Missed my natter with Steph though

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

So, from what I can tell from FaceBook, it looks like the launch party for the new album, Eyes Wide Open, is in 2 days (August 4, 2016).  But I can’t tell when the album will be released in the US…  Anyone out there have any information re: release dates?  I hope those of you who still follow in the forum will be at the launch party and give the rest of us some early reviews on the new album…  Can’t wait!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Only got my car back on the road at 3pm that day (after a bump 2 weeks earlier) so couldn’t/didn’t get. Can’t see anything in merch on here or Straight Talkin’ website and there’s nothing on Amazon. So in the tradition of the best TV shows,
“It’s over to you, back at the studio….....”

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

jdog5407 - 02 August 2016 11:47 PM

So, from what I can tell from FaceBook, it looks like the launch party for the new album, Eyes Wide Open, is in 2 days (August 4, 2016).  But I can’t tell when the album will be released in the US…  Anyone out there have any information re: release dates?  I hope those of you who still follow in the forum will be at the launch party and give the rest of us some early reviews on the new album…  Can’t wait!

Take it you’ve seen the front page John, Oct 7th….....

And quick taster - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvRAMjJRLOo

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Thanks, Mike.  I listened to the sample snippets tonite and I can’t wait to get a copy of the new album.. Kalina is the song I’ve been waiting for the past 3 yrs….