Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

British Blues Awards 2015

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3670

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Yeah - it’s that time again - at least until 31st August, so if you haven’t already, get your votes in..

The “gaffer” is up for Best Guitarist & Best Vocalist (and in some strong company for both). Look out too for friend Gary Grainger who’s got (another) nod for Best Independent Broadcaster. And don’t forget to vote for Best Album, as sponsored by Sedgefield Rock & Blues Club - and good luck in choosing one from those nominated in that category!

http://www.britishbluesawards.com/finalists-2015/4589918650

Signature

All those who believe in psychokenesis; raise my hand….....

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 151

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Sorry I missed the voting deadline.

So Mike, can you confirm this?  Is Aynsley planning a new album for next year (2016) and do you have any insight as to some of the songs planned???  You know I’m hoping for the song that is going to be named something like “Which Road to Take”...

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Reports up until the voting deadline said that at least one category was so close, there was a single vote in it; didn’t say WHICH category though…..

Nice to see you stopping by [Dr] John - been a while…..

I would not like to play poker with Aynsley, he’s very good at playing his cards close to his chest; so far as word on a new album for 2016 goes; well my order is in already, but like you, probably the first inkling of this was from the hint dropped on the latest newsletter.

Before HOME came out, many of the new songs were thoroughly road-tested before Aynsley took the road band (Andre, Boneto & Steve) in the studio to lay it down. Through the shows I’ve seen Aynsley this year, I haven’t picked any new songs in the set,(apart from a major funk jam based round Sex Machine) though to be fair, most of the shows were festival appearances, so the sets were a little shorter than usual - especially at South Shields where the wind threatened to lift Boneto & his drum kit and drop them in the North Sea…..

Only other “clue” that I’ve seen is that Bennett Holland, who’s been standing in on the keys quite a bit this year, is in the {Superfly} studios currently, recording an album with his “better half” and the guitarist on those sessions has a loan of one of Aynsley’s amps, which would hint to me that Aynsley is round and about.

More than that I honestly can’t say; best would be to ask Ligho and some of our other friends on the Continent to listen out for new material when “the gaffer” tours next month.

We’ll keep you posted….

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Congratulations to the ‘Captain on Best Blues Guitarist award 2015, and to runner-up in Best Vocalist category. No doubt the fizzy stuff was flowing last night…......

If anyone hasn’t heard the rest of the awards;-

Best Male Vocalist - Alan Nimmo             Best Young Artist - Laurence Jones
Best Female Vocalist - Dani Wilde           Best Festival - Upton Blues
Best Band - Nimmo Brothers                 Overseas Artist - Walter Trout
Best Acoustic - Ian Siegal                     Blues Broadcaster - Dave Raven
Best Harmonica - Paul Lamb                 Best Album - Going Home; Wilko Johnson & Roger Daltry          
Best Keyboards - Paddy Milner               Best Song - Mud Honey; Joanne Shaw Taylor
Best Bass - Norman Watt-Roy               Emerging Artist - Kaz Hawkins
Best Drums - Wayne Proctor                 Kevin Thorp Memorial - Katie Bradley & Dudley Ross
Best Instrumentalist - Becky Tate             Lifetime Achievement - Paul Dean, New Crawdaddy Club

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

So awesome that Ayns won Guitarist of the Year!! Thanks to everyone who voted… You made our day! We raised a toast to all of you last night grin

A quick update on the new album… Ayns is working on absolutely TONS of ideas at the minute and constantly writing. I hear him in his music room all day but with so many, I still can’t figure out what direction the album is going in. I’d say it’s much like Home… But however it turns out, the writing is definitely going well that’s for sure!  I’m expecting him to start recording in the new year and definitely expecting the release in 2016… I’ll keep you updated towards the end of the year when we have more concrete plans grin He has a new song coming, currently titled “Le Grande Mafioso” which I absolutely LOVE!! Proper movie soundtrack, killer tune. Can’t wait for you to hear it!

Anyway… Catch up with you soon…

Steph