Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Walter Trout - Urgent Appeal

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4709

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

The following is lifted from Joe Bonamassa’s forum in the hope that as many fans can become involved and help out in Walter Trout’s hour of need. The link can explain better than I can, but Walter’s liver condition has deteriorated rapidly and he’s in hospital, in a very bad way and needs a transplant in a matter of weeks. Money needs to be raised to supplement the shortfall in his insurance for the treatment.

“I can’t believe the change in appearance of the great artist:”

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/walter-trout-needs-a-new-liver-you-can-help-/151911

“- looks like he is in urgent need of help here.”

I’m sure all here pass on their thoughts and prayers to Walter and his family. Please circulate this message round to other forums & boards. Walter has mentored so many young artists over the years, so maybe time for a favour to be called in….

Signature

“Never trust a man, who, when left alone in a room with a tea-cozy, doesn’t try it on.”
Billy Connolly

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Pledge total already, just shy of $30,000 of the $125,000 asked. That’s the Blues family for you.

Signature

“Never trust a man, who, when left alone in a room with a tea-cozy, doesn’t try it on.”
Billy Connolly

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

If it hadn’t been for my appreciation of Walter’s music I wouldn’t have found out about Aynsley. The date on my avatar was the first time I saw Aynsley, so I have a lot to thank him for. Walter has mentored or played with so many young guitarists over the years from Aynsley Lister to Danny Bryant to Mitch Laddie. The list goes on and on.

Walter’s duet with Aynsley on Since I Met You Baby is electric and I’m sure Aynsley will be distressed to see the photos of Walter too.

The total donations are up to $32k now. Let’s hope that the target of $125k is reached in time and a replacement liver can be found. The Blues fraternity needs Walter.

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1033

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

Thanks for sharing.
Sad news. Only good to see how many people care about Walter. He’s a truly honest and great person.
I made my donation and really hope that it will help Walter to recover.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Ideally, I’d have liked to have made my 2,000th post on a happier subject but just checking the appeal for Walter and already it has passed the half way mark. ($65,155 & counting) The Blues fraternity is really pulling together for one of its own. This much love must really be a tonic for Walter and his family.

Lets not forget though, even if they find a suitable donor organ, it will only be the start of a long road to recovery, so let’s see if we can smash that total and really help Walter.

Signature

Billy Connolly

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1033

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

mcraggs27 - 21 March 2014 08:29 AM

Ideally, I’d have liked to have made my 2,000th post on a happier subject but just checking the appeal for Walter and already it has passed the half way mark. ($65,155 & counting) The Blues fraternity is really pulling together for one of its own. This much love must really be a tonic for Walter and his family.

Lets not forget though, even if they find a suitable donor organ, it will only be the start of a long road to recovery, so let’s see if we can smash that total and really help Walter.

Congrats to No 2000 and to a post that counts …
Let’s hope the best for Walter and his family.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 816

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

2000 posts, you need a hobby son. lol
Seriously, I hear that Gary Grainger is putting a fundraiser gig together in the North East Watch this thread

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Thanks Ligho & Tilerman; a very worthy thread indeed. Let’s hope Walter’s recovery goes as well as the appeal. I’ve just now checked and it’s smashed through the original limit of $125K over the week-end and now stands at $133,600 with 45 days still to run.

Update from Walter’s wife:-

“Dear friends and Blues Community,

You BLOW OUR MINDS! The support you are showing Walter and the love coming at him from all sides is humbling. The goodness and the generosity you show to him boost his resolve to keep fighting. Knowing that you are there sending your love and energy truly makes a difference. Walter feels it. Believe it!

I was visiting with Walter earlier today – and he was just out of bed. He and I had breakfast sitting together for the first time in a long time….. That was nice. But, he is in screaming agony when he tries to support himself on his legs – and the nurses and Physical Therapy are now working with me on getting him up more in preparation for him to come home. But there is something really wrong with one of his legs beyond just the muscle loss – and so today he is getting a MRI to see if it can pick up something that the X-rays and Ultrasound did not. If he is to come home and wait for the liver to become available, he ideally should be able to support himself a bit.

It is remarkable to observe how our bodies work in intricate ways. If one organ – like the liver – weakens, all the other systems in the body are affected.

Because I can breathe, sit, stand, lift and even run right now – I am so thankful! These are things I used to take for granted. But Walter is teaching me to live in constant appreciation of what I have every day! And in turn I remind him that his current situation is temporary. To keep focusing on doing everything he can do now to stay strong – and not get frustrated at all the things he cannot do. That will come back later.

So we continue the trek into the unknown one step at a time. Thank you again for standing with us – for reading this update – and for keeping Walter in your thoughts and prayers. To those who have donated: I want to look you in the eye and show you what this means to us. As you read this – please know that. Thank you for extending your love into the world.

Marie”

Signature

Billy Connolly

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Hey everybody,
As a big Walter Trout fan I am so pleased to see the support that has been shown by so many people and organizations. I think a lot of them came up with different ideas on how to raise the needed money, but here is the latest one: Pedals with a cause. 17 manufacturers contributing with 20 pedals on an E-Bay auction. There it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walter-Trout-Charity-Pedal-Auction-20-pedals-from-17-manufacturers-/261440442008?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3cdf108e98 It’.s so great and relieving to see so many companies and people contribute with anything and everything they can. Faith in humanity restored.
Go bid!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hi crismith33 & and big welcome to the forum.

Great way to make your debut posting and a cool idea in support of Walter. It’s going to be a long road to anything approaching recovery so every cent/penny will be important, even if the appeal has exceeded it’s original target by $50,000 at time of posting. I know from reading the updates, Walter and his family are not only grateful for everybody’s generosity but almost overwhelmed by the love and support shown by the Blues fraternity. And lets face it, it won’t be the same without Walter’s playing and the mentoring of young talent such as Aynsley when he was starting out and the likes of Mitch Laddie & Laurence Jones today.

Mike

Signature

Billy Connolly

Rank

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Hey Mike,

Thank you for your fast reply and thank you for your support and kind thoughts on the Walter Trout auction.
It’s great to see that this movement is understood and perceived in such a welcoming manner from Aynsley Lister Forum. Walter needs more than just the initial target sum, because, as far as I know, there are big costs in the recovery phase, after surgery.
I am very happy to help. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,
Cristian

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

We’re happy to do what we can in such a good cause. I’ve taken the liberty in pasting the link in a posting with our friends on the Joe Bonamassa forum; sure to get some interest there. It was their thread that initially alerted members here to Walter’s situation.

As already said, Walter is going to need a lot of support and I understand that because of the frailty of his health all his gigs for 2014 have been cancelled, so there’s no real earnings coming in. Such a shame for such a top bloke; and still at the top of his game if the contribution on Laurence Jones’ album is anything to go by.

Signature

Billy Connolly

Rank

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Hey Mike,
Thank you so much for spreading the word. I really appreciate it.

All the best.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Sure Clive A from the Bonamassa forum won’t mind me cribbing his post:-

A Blues-rock Benefit for Walter Trout at Shepherds Bush Empire

The international Rock blues community comes together on Sunday the 4th of May to present a special benefit show in London for the blues-rock legend Walter Trout who is awaiting a liver transplant.

This special show features Roger Chapman, Otis Grand, Bernie Marsden, Ian Parker, Kim Simmons, Danny Bryant, Stevie Smith, Marcus Malone, Mitch Laddie, Lawrence Jones, and others to be announced along with The Flamingo Club All Stars House band featuring John O’Leary and Alan Glenn. Proceeds will go to towards the ailing icon’s emergency liver transplant fund and his subsequent recuperation.

The goal of the evening is to pull together some great blues-rock musicians to help raise money and awareness of Walter Trout’s current predicament. This year marked the 25th anniversary of his solo career, but he is currently fighting for his life. It is hoped that the event at Shepherds Bush will be well supported by musicians and fans alike as everyone in the music community come together to show their love for Walter and to help raise monies for himself and his Family.

Walter Trout recently confirmed the release of his new CD entitled “The Blues Came Callin’” which will be launched as planned on June 2 despite his continuing health issues.

AN EVENING FOR WALTER TROUT – takes place on SUNDAY 4th MAY at the 02 SHEPHERDS BUSH EMPIRE, Shepherds Bush Green, London W12 8TT
Doors 7.00pm for a 7.30pm start. Tickets £17.50 advance £20.00 on the door

Signature

Billy Connolly

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 816

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Gary Graingers fund raiser is on at Mainsforth (ferryhill Station) (Mikes front room) on Saturday May 10th with Mitch Laddie headlining and a host of other top acts supporting.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 12 April 2014 07:28 AM

Gary Graingers fund raiser is on at Mainsforth (ferryhill Station) (Mikes front room) on Saturday May 10th with Mitch Laddie headlining and a host of other top acts supporting.

Add The Mentulls to that, playing around 5pm to close the afternoon session.

Signature

Billy Connolly