Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

When You Hear Aynsley On The Radio

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Well, it doesn’t happen often enough so when it does you have to shout about it!

Did anyone else catch Possession played on Paul Jones’ Radio 2 show last night? I couldn’t quite believe my ears and did a double take as I heard the first few notes. At the end of the song PJ said he’d been waiting for the opportunity to play a song from Home and mentioning Aynsley’s appearance at the Banbury Blues Festival gave him the chance.

Let’s hope a few more listeners had their ears pricked enough to get out there and catch Aynsley this year or to buy Home.

If you hear Aynsley played on the radio, national or internet, please mention it on this thread. It is a good gauge of Aynsley’s increasing popularity and if we can get a few more DJs to pick up on his music so much the better.

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4556

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Good shout Phil: be worth while checking PJ’s playlist anyone (like me) who missed the show. Also worth keeping an ear on Bob Harris’ show as he’s a bit of an Aynsley fan too; check Crazy mama’s posts last month.

Also, we’re fortunate to have Bishop FM’s award-winning Gary Grainger as a member of the Forum, keeping his finger on the pulse. (He also put out a similar alert last night on FaceBook.)

Just noticed on Radio 2’s site, if you look at the far right of the iPlayer bar, it says “Playlister”, so maybe the campaign has already started….......

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Well, it happened again last night at around 7.45pm on Planet Rock when Bernard Docherty played Running Out On Me. I couldn’t quite believe my ears and said out loud “It’s Aynsley” after the first couple of notes. I’m sure my neighbours appreciated it too as I was in the bath with the window open as I sang along!

Bernard said after playing it that he always gets e-mails whenever he plays a track by Aynsley asking for more. Is anyone here sending the mails. If not, maybe we should.

If you don’t know about Bernard’s Blues Power show, it’s well worth a listen. If you can’t catch the first airing late on a Saturday night (I think), make sure you listen on Thursday evenings between 7 and 8pm. He also played a superb track from Laurence Jones and said he didn’t know anything about him. I think he needs educating in contemporary Blues Rock.

Phil

PS you can also listen on demand on the Planet Rock website during the following week.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Time To Focus - The Mentulls + Aynsley Lister got some airplay on Monday (12th Oct) on Paul Jones Radio show.

Ni-ice…...

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

As I said at the top of this thread, when you hear Aynsley on the radio you have to SHOUT about it! smile

At the beginning of last night’s repeat of the Blues Power show on Planet Rock I thought “I recognise that riff and who’s playing it”. It was Running Out On Me and it was great to hear it belting out on the radio knowing that there were plenty of other listeners hearing it, maybe for the first time.

At the end, the presenter, Bernard Doherty, mentioned Aynsley as a stalwart of the UK Blues scene and flagged the upcoming Scarborough and Bristol tour dates.

If you’re not already a Planet Rock listener, the Blues Power show is well worth catching.

Details are here: http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/blues-power/

Maybe send an e-mail to Bernard thanking him for playing Aynsley and encouraging him to do it more often. You can’t have too much of a good thing. smile

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Thanks for the heads-up on that Phil; always good to know about a new outlet.

Heard recently that “Whispering” Bob Harris has a monthly show on Team Rock; he’s not adverse to the occasional Aynsley track, though I think his remit is to cover the past 50years of classic rock/blues/prog.

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

If it wasn’t for SIRIUS/XM (Sirius at the time) I would have never even knew about Aynsley!

A song came on and I just keep repeating it until I could no longer.  I looked for who this person was, and bought as many CD’s as I could right then and there.

I even ended up getting to chat with him, and his now wife because of it.

I don’t get to talk to him anymore, he meet Tommy Castro through me and i’m a after thought but I still love the music.

I do what I can to get him played on there but the 2 guys I knew are no longer on Sirius/XM, one left years ago and the other died…. so getting stuff on is harder as I have not heard who the new people are.

They pay good money too, a local band that is national/world wide (LOW SOCIETY) used to get $400-$1000 a month for their music being played on SIRIUS/XM.. and that was just a few songs… so you can get a nice check every month from them spinning the song…

Signature

GO RAIDERS!  FIGHT ON TROJANS!  “JUST WIN BABY”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Raiderman - 25 August 2019 09:54 PM

If it wasn’t for SIRIUS/XM (Sirius at the time) I would have never even knew about Aynsley!

A song came on and I just keep repeating it until I could no longer.  I looked for who this person was, and bought as many CD’s as I could right then and there.

I even ended up getting to chat with him, and his now wife because of it.

I don’t get to talk to him anymore, he meet Tommy Castro through me and i’m a after thought but I still love the music.

I do what I can to get him played on there but the 2 guys I knew are no longer on Sirius/XM, one left years ago and the other died…. so getting stuff on is harder as I have not heard who the new people are.

They pay good money too, a local band that is national/world wide (LOW SOCIETY) used to get $400-$1000 a month for their music being played on SIRIUS/XM.. and that was just a few songs… so you can get a nice check every month from them spinning the song…

Check YouTube when you get a chance; Aynsley toured with Tommy Castro round the UK in late 2017 and covered Right As Rain on the Eyes Wide Open album.

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Hello, stranger here.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Wooders - 01 November 2019 12:07 PM

Hello, stranger here.

But always a warm welcome Phil - how’s tricks?

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

mcraggs27 - 01 November 2019 06:36 PM
Wooders - 01 November 2019 12:07 PM

Hello, stranger here.

But always a warm welcome Phil - how’s tricks?

Hi Mike, I wonder what happened to the rest of my post? Logically, being on this thread it was about hearing Aynsley on the radio, which as you’d expect was the Blues Power show hosted by Bernard Doherty on Planet Rock.

On Thursday, 31 October I was listening to the repeat of the previous Saturday’s show and heard the intro of Aynsley’s version of Five Long Years and thought “I recognise that”. It’s been a while since I’ve played the eponymously titled album but boy, did it sound good to hear this track from it on the radio. Bernard has been a fan of Aynsley for a while and at the end of the track he said he would continue playing Aynsley’s music until he got the recognition he deserves. I asked my buddy, Jurgen, who’s currently looking after Aynsley’s merch stall on the German leg of the current tour to let Ayns know, which he said he would do at breakfast the next morning.

When I have a mo I’ll email him my appreciation of playing the track and suggest some others, particularly from EYO as I don’t think he’s played anything from that yet and IMO I think it’s Aynsley’s best yet.

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Odd that,  Phil; the complete message came though on my notification: we have though been having the occasional “gremlin” this year…

Though I’m not a big radio listner, always good to know that Aynsley’s getting his share of air-play and by any means possible get Bernard tuned into E.W.O. It may not be pure Blues, but it’s pure Class.

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Bernard Doherty played Running Out On Me at the end of his Blues Power Sunday Brunch yesterday lunchtime. I’m beginning to think he has only 2 of Aynsley’s CDs! I never did get round to mailing him to ask him to play something from EYO so I’ll make sure I do it asap.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

I used to hear him on SiriusXM a lot, but I don’t listen to it as much as I used to. (6-8 hours a day)  They have had a lot of changes there, some guys left, some passed away and the current man in charge of the blues station is a rock guy, not blues, so the channel has changed over the last 2 years.

I miss the all request show they had, it made for great radio on Friday.  I now just stream my liked songs on Spotify and then play what I want on the ipod.

Signature

GO RAIDERS!  FIGHT ON TROJANS!  “JUST WIN BABY”