Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

When You Hear Aynsley On The Radio

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Well, it doesn’t happen often enough so when it does you have to shout about it!

Did anyone else catch Possession played on Paul Jones’ Radio 2 show last night? I couldn’t quite believe my ears and did a double take as I heard the first few notes. At the end of the song PJ said he’d been waiting for the opportunity to play a song from Home and mentioning Aynsley’s appearance at the Banbury Blues Festival gave him the chance.

Let’s hope a few more listeners had their ears pricked enough to get out there and catch Aynsley this year or to buy Home.

If you hear Aynsley played on the radio, national or internet, please mention it on this thread. It is a good gauge of Aynsley’s increasing popularity and if we can get a few more DJs to pick up on his music so much the better.

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Good shout Phil: be worth while checking PJ’s playlist anyone (like me) who missed the show. Also worth keeping an ear on Bob Harris’ show as he’s a bit of an Aynsley fan too; check Crazy mama’s posts last month.

Also, we’re fortunate to have Bishop FM’s award-winning Gary Grainger as a member of the Forum, keeping his finger on the pulse. (He also put out a similar alert last night on FaceBook.)

Just noticed on Radio 2’s site, if you look at the far right of the iPlayer bar, it says “Playlister”, so maybe the campaign has already started….......

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

Well, it happened again last night at around 7.45pm on Planet Rock when Bernard Docherty played Running Out On Me. I couldn’t quite believe my ears and said out loud “It’s Aynsley” after the first couple of notes. I’m sure my neighbours appreciated it too as I was in the bath with the window open as I sang along!

Bernard said after playing it that he always gets e-mails whenever he plays a track by Aynsley asking for more. Is anyone here sending the mails. If not, maybe we should.

If you don’t know about Bernard’s Blues Power show, it’s well worth a listen. If you can’t catch the first airing late on a Saturday night (I think), make sure you listen on Thursday evenings between 7 and 8pm. He also played a superb track from Laurence Jones and said he didn’t know anything about him. I think he needs educating in contemporary Blues Rock.

Phil

PS you can also listen on demand on the Planet Rock website during the following week.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Time To Focus - The Mentulls + Aynsley Lister got some airplay on Monday (12th Oct) on Paul Jones Radio show.

Ni-ice…...

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2008-09-10

PM

As I said at the top of this thread, when you hear Aynsley on the radio you have to SHOUT about it! smile

At the beginning of last night’s repeat of the Blues Power show on Planet Rock I thought “I recognise that riff and who’s playing it”. It was Running Out On Me and it was great to hear it belting out on the radio knowing that there were plenty of other listeners hearing it, maybe for the first time.

At the end, the presenter, Bernard Doherty, mentioned Aynsley as a stalwart of the UK Blues scene and flagged the upcoming Scarborough and Bristol tour dates.

If you’re not already a Planet Rock listener, the Blues Power show is well worth catching.

Details are here: http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/blues-power/

Maybe send an e-mail to Bernard thanking him for playing Aynsley and encouraging him to do it more often. You can’t have too much of a good thing. smile

Phil

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Thanks for the heads-up on that Phil; always good to know about a new outlet.

Heard recently that “Whispering” Bob Harris has a monthly show on Team Rock; he’s not adverse to the occasional Aynsley track, though I think his remit is to cover the past 50years of classic rock/blues/prog.

Signature