Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Aynsley plays Dingwalls

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1550

Joined 2008-05-31

PM

Sounds like another great gig guys - I hope Cliff wasn’t shouting at you all to get up dancing, too much!!!!  LOL

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1830

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Cliff was well behaved and the Cucumber sandwiches worked a treat!!!

BB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 678

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

Great review BB. Sounds like ALB were bang on form yet again. They keep coming up with the goods. By the end of the tour he should a fair few more followers.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1427

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

StuartG - 30 November 2009 02:33 PM

Another great gig, and I agree that the short solo set which opened the show was a real treat. When I first saw Aynsley, the band was a threesome. I have to say that the addition of keyboards was inspired and no better places than in Dan’s capable hands. From my seat at the front, I had an uninterupted view of the man himself in all his glory. I have to say I prefer seated events (being a shorthouse), though I suspect that some of the audience had to twist their necks a bit. Looking forward to the next round, when they’ve recovered their strength!

Sounds like another great one, and you certainly got a treat with the early solo set. Surprised to hear it was a seated gig though. How many were there?

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-04-21

PM

Agree with all your comments as usual! This was the first time for my nan and aunt and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves, 2 more fans! My nan especially, she’s been calling people and booming Aynsleys tunes down the phone, she just can’t get enough!

On a personal note, i enjoyed the fact that the gig was seated (although i like standing events also) and the sound quality this time round sounded much more defined especially vocally, which made it all the more better.

Can’t wait to see the band again, and invite more people to come along next time round!

Lovely to see you BB also, though it was a shame that i couldn’t talk to your daughter as much i would have hoped. Next time!! =)

Thanks again
-Abby

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1427

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

Hi Abby, nice to read that the Pearce clan enjoyed their evening! smile

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 230

Joined 2007-12-02

PM

The Big Blue - 30 November 2009 04:19 PM

BB

Every time ive seen Aynsley and the band they have always delivered no matter how lively or subdued the crowd,not for me picking out the errors/mishaps at a gig,thats what the fun of a “live” performance is all about,Dingwalls MK1 has yet to be bettered for performance and crowd reaction for me personally.It was good to have a pre gig waffle with Dan,Simon and the young lady from Peckham(or should that read Nunhead),geography being a subject we flirted with for a minute or two LOL.Devizes in Cornwall OOPS sorry Simon. Good ol BB had the dance floor to himself and did himself proud with his very own excellent version of daddy dancing while making notes(clever ol boy BB well done).
Eldo i saved my energy for THE MIGHTY SKIN next monday,definatly no seats there ol boy,that is gonna be gig of the year for me NO PROBLEM.BB i’ll be back on the raw red meat from sunday.
SWEET DREAMS
ONE AND ALL

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Abby Pearce - 01 December 2009 08:19 PM

Agree with all your comments as usual! This was the first time for my nan and aunt and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves, 2 more fans! My nan especially, she’s been calling people and booming Aynsleys tunes down the phone, she just can’t get enough!

On a personal note, i enjoyed the fact that the gig was seated (although i like standing events also) and the sound quality this time round sounded much more defined especially vocally, which made it all the more better.

Can’t wait to see the band again, and invite more people to come along next time round!

Lovely to see you BB also, though it was a shame that i couldn’t talk to your daughter as much i would have hoped. Next time!! =)

Thanks again
-Abby

Hi Abby

Good comments and great to see you and your family too.

Got me thinking as I believe you might be from North London/Essex way (though I’m probably wrong)- It would be really good to let Alan (Aynsley’s Manager) know of some venues in that neck of the woods. To help widen that fan base.

I know there is a place in Bocking, but it only holds about 100 people.

Any thoughts?

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

cliff - 01 December 2009 10:30 PM
The Big Blue - 30 November 2009 04:19 PM

BB

Every time ive seen Aynsley and the band they have always delivered no matter how lively or subdued the crowd,not for me picking out the errors/mishaps at a gig,thats what the fun of a “live” performance is all about,Dingwalls MK1 has yet to be bettered for performance and crowd reaction for me personally.It was good to have a pre gig waffle with Dan,Simon and the young lady from Peckham(or should that read Nunhead),geography being a subject we flirted with for a minute or two LOL.Devizes in Cornwall OOPS sorry Simon. Good ol BB had the dance floor to himself and did himself proud with his very own excellent version of daddy dancing while making notes(clever ol boy BB well done).
Eldo i saved my energy for THE MIGHTY SKIN next monday,definatly no seats there ol boy,that is gonna be gig of the year for me NO PROBLEM.BB i’ll be back on the raw red meat from sunday.
SWEET DREAMS
ONE AND ALL

Hi Cliff

Glad you made it home OK.

try the prawn sandwiches next as the Cucumber was not enough red meat.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4641

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Jeez!! The dust in here - at least the facemasks come in for something…..

No, I haven’t heard news of a re-visit; nor would I rule one out….  Just a heads-up; while poking round for gig news, discovered that Dingwalls has had a name change, and may take a bit of getting used to - PowerHaus..

Any comments to be addressed to:-
Lost Property Office
221B Baker Street
Guatamala City….

Signature

If the government want musicians to retrain in Cyber; does that mean we’ll be awash with Kraftwerk tribute bands..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 25 September 2020 09:05 AM

No, I haven’t heard news of a re-visit; nor would I rule one out….  Just a heads-up; while poking round for gig news, discovered that Dingwalls has had a name change, and may take a bit of getting used to - PowerHaus..

Lost Property Office
221B Baker Street
Guatamala City….

Do you remember when Newcastle had a Dingwalls (previous owners were the Hofbrauhaus Beirkeller 81 ish. )
I remember Wilko Jonstone there and a couple of Chris Rea gigs.
Usually followed by sleeping in on the train then having to get the train back from York at 3.25 in the morning. See remember the train time I did it that often!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4641

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 25 September 2020 05:35 PM
mcraggs27 - 25 September 2020 09:05 AM

Lost Property Office
221B Baker Street
Guatamala City….

Do you remember when Newcastle had a Dingwalls (previous owners were the Hofbrauhaus Beirkeller 81 ish. )
I remember Wilko Jonstone there and a couple of Chris Rea gigs.
Usually followed by sleeping in on the train then having to get the train back from York at 3.25 in the morning. See remember the train time I did it that often!

If that’s the Bierkeller/Dingwalls that was on Waterloo St. it changed again towards the back-end of the 80’s - oddly enough to Powerhouse, though one of the biggest Gay clubs in the city.(The competition, Rockshots was above,,, don’t,,,,,) Now the entire block has become flats. Note, one of the Toon’s best “grass-roots” pubs, The Broken Doll was round the corner on Blenheim St.

Signature

If the government want musicians to retrain in Cyber; does that mean we’ll be awash with Kraftwerk tribute bands..