Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Aynsley coming to Guisborough

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Yes, First one in the diary for 2014, March 1st. Bluebell will have to steal a car or something for that one!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Put a smile on my face when I saw that one.

Not too bad a run for Bluebell if she can beg, steal or borrow a lift - an hour’s run down the A19 and turn left.

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Coming round fast, Aynsley’s 1st N.East gig of 2014, and 1st visit to Guisborough in 6 years(?). Already got a car load here - anyone else heading down?

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Forgot about this thread, and I started it. Yes 9 of us from sedgefield blues coming through. Told them to wear coats!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hope Steph remembers to put the barbeque in the bus - will keep the dressing room warm and Aynsley can toast his Double Deckers which no doubt Cynthia will be supplying.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 26 February 2014 01:24 PM

Hope Steph remembers to put the barbeque in the bus - will keep the dressing room warm and Aynsley can toast his Double Deckers which no doubt Cynthia will be supplying.

tell her I like Kit Kats!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 26 February 2014 02:06 PM
mcraggs27 - 26 February 2014 01:24 PM

tell her I like Kit Kats!

Personally, I’m a Twix kind of guy…..

Is it me, or it this thread taking a strange turn?

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

We have a spare ticket if anyone in the area would like to purchase said ticket. It’s owner is only 50/50 and I ‘m sure we could get him in if he ends up coming as well. More the merrier.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Guisbrough R’n'B Club - 1/3/14

Hot Diggity-dawg!!!

Aynsley & band come out of spring training and hit a sold out Guisborough R’n'B Club for the 1st time this decade (at least since 2008) and knock the place clean out the park.

Queuing at the door in good time to get a good seat, had a sneaky listen to the sound check and got that vibe that this was going to be a good ‘un. Sure enough, as soon as Big Sleep kicked off, the audience forgave Aynsley his long absence from the venue and just ate up all the new (to them) numbers which probably included Early Moring Dew, let alone Inside Out and Hyde 2612. As is becoming usual, Sugar was a good opportunity to bring on a guest, and who better than Guisborough local, Andrew Pipe, who really shone as Aynsley generously stepped back and gave him lead before stepping forward for some sparring and then the two matched note-for-note for a section.

2nd set opened with what I at first throught was Quiet Boy! revisited, but Maestro later told me it was an instrumental track from an old Bluesbreakers, but it made a great segue into Straight Talkin’ Woman and from there, the rest of the set was mainly built round Home, Free, Possession, Broke and Feelin’ Good. No big changes, but then why change a winning recipe?

Well, there was one big change - on keyboards, a new face called Rob Neally (sorry if spelt wrong….), standing in, one-night-only for Andre who was otherwise committed. Rob did an outstanding job, all the more remarkable considering that he hadn’t rehearsed with the band other than the sound check. And you can’t not mention Steve & Boneto, working in tandem as probably the best backline on the go.

So a packed Guisborough R’n'B club were left baying for an encore and Aynsley brought the band back out for a super treat, the classic Tore Down followed as usual by a searing Purple Rain. After a 6 year absence, Guisborough rewarded Aynsley with one of the most packed crowds I’ve seen there, probably equalling The Hoax last year, and Aynsley paid his dues with as a tight a rocking blues set as I’ve ever heard him deliver. 

Sugar; feat Andrew Pipe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnDX78r1rJY&feature=youtube_gdata

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Shhhh!  Return visit - April 2015…..

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 24 September 2014 01:34 PM

Shhhh!  Return visit - April 2015…..

Good ho.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Once again, another fantastic night down at Guisborough Footie Club, and another Sold Out show.

I’m at the point where I’m really struggling to say something new about Aynsley’s show: I’m pleased to report that the injured foot seems well on the way to recovery, no supporting cast anyway.

Speaking of supporting casts though *groan* Steve and Boneto were indomitable as ever on the back row, though there was a new(ish) face for the evening behind the keys, Jules, doing sterling work. The big “newbie” of the night was Aynsley’s brand new (only 2 gigs old) Probett Stratocaster. I swear, every time he reached for the new, white axe, the grin on his face got bigger and bigger; not surprising since it has a beautiful, mellow tone.

Little gem of the night was a guest jam by local boy Andrew Pipe, not on Sugar as has been the usual over the past couple of years, but on Freddie King’s Tore Down. They tore it up, down and every which way.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Aynsley’s been confirmed to play Guisborough R’N'B Club this coming October (1st).

Apparently, word is that this will be Guisborough’s Farewell gig as Kath is closing up the club and there’s no-one to carry the baton. A great shame if true, the Football Club may not be the Albert Hall, but it’s always been a friendly and lively club; going out in style.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 15 July 2016 10:46 AM

Aynsley’s been confirmed to play Guisborough R’N'B Club this coming October (1st).

Apparently, word is that this will be Guisborough’s Farewell gig as Kath is closing up the club and there’s no-one to carry the baton. A great shame if true, the Football Club may not be the Albert Hall, but it’s always been a friendly and lively club; going out in style.

expect the odd Jon Amor/Joel Fisk gig from time to time