Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Autumn tours - who you seeing (& where)?

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2014-07-29

PM

Is it that time again? Looks like you’ve got a great autumn ahead. Not quite so much going on here in the depths of Bavaria, but I’m looking forward to:

Aynsley in Rankweil, Austria on 15.10

Yasi Hofer in Immenstadt, Germany on 28/11. I know, you’ve probably never heard of her! She’s a local German guitarist who was taken under Steve Vai’s wing at the age of 14. Check her out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJSJK8vKwa0

King King in Augsburg, Germany on 3.12

I’ve been begging Chantel to come down this way, but unfortunately she’s coming to Munich in November when we’re away on holiday. Ho hum, can’t win ‘em all.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3252

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

That’s just the gigs I intend to be hitting - I didn’t want to really rub it in by mentioning all the other bands stopping buy my backyard….

Thanks for the heads-up about Yasi, I will get round to checking her out but at the moment, I’m still “buzzing” after seeing Erja Lyytinen on Friday night.

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Obviously Mike and I will be meeting up several times this ‘fall’. As my ‘side project’, Rebecca Downes goes from strength to strength, I will be at a few King King gigs for which Rebecca is sharing support with Ben Poole. So if you see a snazzy shirt selling merch, come and say hello.

mcraggs27 - 01 October 2015 10:24 AM

So, October swings by again, so the Autumn gigs should be running like spawning salmon up the Spey….
Time to aske the usual question, who are you seeing & where?

For me:-
Erja Lyytinen - Darlington Forum - 2/10
Ryan McGarvey - Hartlepool Belle Vue - 16/10
Ryan McGarvey + Rebecca Downes - Gateshead Sage - 17/10
Willie & the Bandits - Newcastle Cluny - 25/10
Mike Zito & The Wheel - Newcastle Cluny - 30/10
Mark Pontin Group - Newcastle Cluny - 11/11
Virgil & The Accelerators - Newcastle Cluny - 20/11
The Della Grants - Ferryhill Mainsforth - 22/11 (if its on…..)
Rebecca Downes - Sedgefield R’n'B Club - 27/11
Aynsley Lister + The Mentulls - Newcastle Cluny - 5/12
Chantel McGregor - Newcastle Cluny - 13/12

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 06 October 2015 07:40 AM

Obviously Mike and I will be meeting up several times this ‘fall’. As my ‘side project’, Rebecca Downes goes from strength to strength, I will be at a few King King gigs for which Rebecca is sharing support with Ben Poole. So if you see a snazzy shirt selling merch, come and say hello.

mcraggs27 - 01 October 2015 10:24 AM

So, October swings by again, so the Autumn gigs should be running like spawning salmon up the Spey….
Time to aske the usual question, who are you seeing & where?

Erja Lyytinen - Darlington Forum - 2/10
Ryan McGarvey - Hartlepool Belle Vue - 16/10
Ryan McGarvey + Rebecca Downes - Gateshead Sage - 17/10
Willie & the Bandits - Newcastle Cluny - 25/10
Mike Zito & The Wheel - Newcastle Cluny - 30/10
Mark Pontin Group - Newcastle Cluny - 11/11
Virgil & The Accelerators - Newcastle Cluny - 20/11
The Della Grants - Ferryhill Mainsforth - 22/11 (if its on…..)
Rebecca Downes - Sedgefield R’n'B Club - 27/11
Aynsley Lister + The Mentulls - Newcastle Cluny - 5/12
Chantel McGregor - Newcastle Cluny - 13/12

Anyone heading for those King King shows, make sure you get there early enough to catch Rebecca & her band; she really is dynamite.

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-10-15

PM

Hi Mike, great to see you the other day at Erja’s STUNNING show in Darlington.  I will see you again at Aynsley’s date at The Cluny and possibly VATA but sadly I’m elsewhere for Ryan McGarvey and Mike Zito - I’d say bum luck for me but then I am quite looking forward to seeing my kids!! xx

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Britbabe - 15 October 2015 08:56 PM

Hi Mike, great to see you the other day at Erja’s STUNNING show in Darlington.  I will see you again at Aynsley’s date at The Cluny and possibly VATA but sadly I’m elsewhere for Ryan McGarvey and Mike Zito - I’d say bum luck for me but then I am quite looking forward to seeing my kids!! xx

Hi Britbabe,
Great seeing you and John again the other week - it had been a while.
All geared up for Ryan McGarvey - was blasting The Road Chosen at the kids in the minibus this morning and they’ll get another blast on the way home this afternoon.
Well, there’s not much should get in the way of Rock’n'Roll, but family has to be one, but I’ll save you some elbow room at Aynsley (+The Mentulls) and VATA just in case. (New bassist now with VATA, Joel Wildgoose).

See you beat me to the punch - I was about to add Peter Shoulder to my probable gigs. One of the best voices around, and more deserving to be heard, especially with The Union being on hiatus.

PS. - Great to see you back aboard, look forward to your thoughts & insights.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, it’s that time of year where not only leaves but gigs will be piling up; so what have you got lined up?

I’ve just seen Anderson East, and heading off at the week-end for Sari Schorr
then the following confirmed, so far:-
7/10 - Erja Lyytinen @ Darlington Forum (Lyytining strikes twice….?)
14/10 - Wile & The Bandits @ Newcastle Cluny
30/11 - SIMO + Aaron Keylock + Federal Charm @ Newcastle Cluny

Tempters:-
22/9 - Stevie Nimmo @ Darlington Forum
24/9 - Ian Parker @ Ripley Blues Club
13/10 - Matt Andersen @ Newcastle; Cluny
9/11 - Ian Siegal @ Stockton; Arc
10/11 - D.V.L (3 fifths The Hoax) @ Hartlepool Supporters
12/11 - Billy Walton Band @ Hartlepool Supporters (Bang goes my NO Yanks resolution)
3/12 - Rainbreakers @ Hartlepool Supporters

As well as “The Guv’nor” doing the rounds…..

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Nothing like a good revival; and this is…......

As the meteorologists will tell you, Autumn/Fall officially starts this week, so who ya gonna see & where ya gonna see them?

Thorbjorn Risager & Black Tornado @ Hartlepool Supporters 29th Sept
Wille & The Bandits @ Newcastle; Cluny 10th Oct
Marcus Bonfanti + Jack James Hutchinson @ Sedgefield Blues   13th Oct
Skinny Molly @ Newcastle; Cluny 28th Oct
Joanne Shaw Taylor + Dan Patlansky @ Gateshead Sage   7th Nov
Rebecca Downes @ Sedgefield Blues 24th Nov
Low Cut Connie + Curse of Lono @ Newcastle Cluny   7th Dec
JW Jones @ Newcastle Cluny   10th Dec
Aynsley @ Newcastle Cluny   15th Dec
Rainbreakers @ Hartlepool Supporters 23rd Dec
Steven Wilson @ Gateshead Sage   24th March

May squeeze one or two more in, Stevie Nimmo, Kentucky Headhunters, Sari Schorr, as we go.

(Remember Tilerman - only 6000 characters to a post…..lol)

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 18 September 2017 08:26 AM

Nothing like a good revival; and this is…......

As the meteorologists will tell you, Autumn/Fall officially starts this week, so who ya gonna see & where ya gonna see them?

Thorbjorn Risager & Black Tornado @ Hartlepool Supporters 29th Sept
Low Cut Connie + Curse of Lono @ Newcastle Cluny   7th Dec
Rainbreakers @ Hartlepool Supporters 23rd Dec
Steven Wilson @ Gateshead Sage   24th March

May squeeze one or two more in, Stevie Nimmo, Kentucky Headhunters, Sari Schorr, as we go.

(Remember Tilerman - only 6000 characters to a post…..lol)

mmmm not a bad list Mike,here’s my optimistic list

Block heads (Greg Coulson on keys) @ Gala Durham 21st
Smokin Spitfires @ Darlington Forum 22nd
Revolutionaires @Redcar 23rd
Carlisle Blues fest 29th Sept ?
Thorbjorn Risager & Black Tornado @ Carlisle 30th Sept ?
King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys (All dayer) @ ‘on my door step’ in Coxhoe
Stevie Nimmo and guest Alan Nimmo @ Cluny Newcastle 12th Oct

Sam Kelly’s Station House @ Redcar 14th Oct
John P Taylor Band @ Darlington Forum 19th Oct
Elles Bailey @ Cleveland Bay 21st Oct
Mike Ross @ The Quakerhouse 24th Oct
Dead Cats @ The Cleveland bay 27th Oct
The Caffrey Brothers /George Shovlin @ Whitburn CC 3rd Nov
Howlin Matt @ The Voodoo Darlington Nov 5th
The Della Grants @ Darlington Forum Nov 10th
Harry Manx OR Dan Baird Nov 11th

Gerry Jablonski @ Saltburn 25th Nov
Eugene Bridges @ Darlington Forum   8th Dec
Kyla Brox @ Redcar 16th Dec
Skeggy 19th Jan ish

And some guitarist @Sedgefield Blues Club Jan 26th

ish!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

John - see you’re down for Dan Baird…. Homemade Sin are still touring but you know Dan’s had to step back for a while due to ill health.

From website:-
Due to health issues, Dan Baird has unfortunately had to withdraw for touring for the remainder of 2017.  At Dan’s personal invitation Joe Blanton will join Homemade Sin as guest frontman for the rest of the year.  Joe is well known to fans of Homemade as a member of Nashville rock band The Bluefields formed by Joe, Dan and Homemade Sin lead guitarist Warner E. Hodges.
The format of the forthcoming shows will continue to revolve around HMS and Georgia Satellites material, but will also include a   fistful of classics from Warner’s original band Jason & The Scorchers classics along with some new specially selected covers.
Despite Dan’s absence, Homemade Sin’s Autumn 2017 shows are assured to be a rollercoaster ride of world class, kick-ass, rock ‘n’ roll.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 20 September 2017 07:06 AM

John - see you’re down for Dan Baird…. Homemade Sin are still touring but you know Dan’s had to step back for a while due to ill health.

From website:-
Due to health issues, Dan Baird has unfortunately had to withdraw for touring for the remainder of 2017.  At Dan’s personal invitation Joe Blanton will join Homemade Sin as guest frontman for the rest of the year.  Joe is well known to fans of Homemade as a member of Nashville rock band The Bluefields formed by Joe, Dan and Homemade Sin lead guitarist Warner E. Hodges.
The format of the forthcoming shows will continue to revolve around HMS and Georgia Satellites material, but will also include a   fistful of classics from Warner’s original band Jason & The Scorchers classics along with some new specially selected covers.
Despite Dan’s absence, Homemade Sin’s Autumn 2017 shows are assured to be a rollercoaster ride of world class, kick-ass, rock ‘n’ roll.

Cheers Mike didnt know that, still might be tempted.