Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → General Discussion → Thread

Autumn tours - who you seeing (& where)?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3080

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, September already! The year got off to a slow, cold, wet start, but then we actually got a summer which I hope everyone enjoyed (and if you can, are still enjoying).

But, now the nights are drawing in, the “I’m a Celebrity With No X-Factor, Get Me Dancing On Ice” shows are starting up, so a young guy’s and gal’s fancy should be turning to gigs. So, where are you catching Aynsley and who else are have you got plans to see?

For me, Aynsley at Darlington in September, Reeth & Newcastle in November.

The Hoax and Royal Southern Brotherhood for September,
Ian Siegal and The Nimmo Brothers for October
Couple of Ryan McGarvey’s for November, along with Matt Schofield, Ian Parker & King King
Was hoping to keep December free, but Stevie Nimmo supported by acoustic Andrew (Mentulls) Pipe and a Chantel gig.

Signature

I wonder if T2 will be as big a disappointment as the original Trainspotting was to the railway enthusiast.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 544

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

This week, its The Hoax, Joy Askew/Paul Liddell , Moreland and Arbuckle, Ian Parker / Mentulls…..and breathe

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

So far up to xmas its…..

Y&T, JST, Chantel, Black Star Riders, Black Sabbath, Airbourne, Holmfirth Picturedrome Blues Fest and Aynsley at Fibbers in York.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

NeilRothwell - 05 September 2013 12:20 PM

So far up to xmas its…..

Y&T, JST, Chantel, Black Star Riders, Black Sabbath, Airbourne, Holmfirth Picturedrome Blues Fest and Aynsley at Fibbers in York.

That’s a good selection. I’m guessing you’re somewhere Yorkshire based; if you could make it, I’d recommend Ryan McGarvey @ New Roscoe, Leeds in mid-November (think its a Sunday).

Signature

I wonder if T2 will be as big a disappointment as the original Trainspotting was to the railway enthusiast.

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

Just had a BRILLIANT few weeks gigs-wise!  grin  Mainly local (north-east) bands, but brill all the same ... including Spanish Battery, The Hookahs, Groove-a-matics, Mat Harrison & Delta Dog, Trevor Sewell, Gary Grainger, How Askew and others.

This coming weekend I have Mitch Laddie’s live album recording on Friday and then of course Darlington on Sunday.  Woohoo!  (and an invite to meet for cake from Steph - cue happy sigh!)

The next big one for me after that is Aynsley at the Cluny in November, but will be definitely seeing Spanish Battery and the Hookahs again before then, and hopefully lots more too!  My first gig of all time was Ian Parker back in February.  This has been a cracker of a year.  It started out tough for me personally, but discovering live music, especially blues rock (among other things) has pulled me through and I am now happier than I have been for many, many years.

Let’s rock on to 2014!  :-D

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Bluebell - 08 September 2013 07:15 PM

The next big one for me after that is Aynsley at the Cluny in November, but will be definitely seeing Spanish Battery and the Hookahs again before then, and hopefully lots more too!  My first gig of all time was Ian Parker back in February.  This has been a cracker of a year.  It started out tough for me personally, but discovering live music, especially blues rock (among other things) has pulled me through and I am now happier than I have been for many, many years.
  :-D

Don’t forget Nimmo Brothers @ The Cluny in October if you can make it. May be the last chance for a while.

Signature

Rank

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

mcraggs27 - 06 September 2013 06:12 AM

So far up to xmas its…..

That’s a good selection. I’m guessing you’re somewhere Yorkshire based; if you could make it, I’d recommend Ryan McGarvey @ New Roscoe, Leeds in mid-November (think its a Sunday).

Rank

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

So far up to xmas its…..

Signature

“You obviously don’t comprehend the level of insane I operate at.”

It is a good mix. I take both my sons and sometimes you have to give and take !!
I took them to the Doncaster Blues Fest and they took me to see The Darkness. !!
We are in Yorkshire and Yorks only about 40 mins drive. I don’t really like Fibbers or the Duchess either. The turnout for Aynsley is never good there.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

NeilRothwell - 09 September 2013 09:08 AM

It is a good mix. I take both my sons and sometimes you have to give and take !!
I took them to the Doncaster Blues Fest and they took me to see The Darkness. !!
We are in Yorkshire and Yorks only about 40 mins drive. I don’t really like Fibbers or the Duchess either. The turnout for Aynsley is never good there.

See there’s a 2nd Doncaster Blues fest on Sunday; Jo Harman, Larry Miller, Ron Sayer, Paul Lamb - not a bad bill, but I’ll be at Darlington Market Place. The 1st one was a crackin’ day out, though after Aynsley & the Nimmos, didn’t hang round too long for Martin Turner’s Wishbone Ash.

Mind, that’s gratitude, the lads taking you to see The Darkness; don’t know what to make of that .

No, not too keen on Fibbers/Duchess either, mainly because I can never find the easy way back to where I left the car.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 592

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 09 September 2013 06:26 AM

Don’t forget Nimmo Brothers @ The Cluny in October if you can make it. May be the last chance for a while.

I’ll second that recommendation - a must!

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

jimmyo - 09 September 2013 12:47 PM
mcraggs27 - 09 September 2013 06:26 AM

I’ll second that recommendation - a must!

Yep, I will try to get.  Saw King King last time they were at the Cluny and that was great, so yeah I’d agree it would be a good one!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

October 25th

Virgil & the Accelerators @ Ferryhill Mainsforth Community Centre

or

Chantel McGregor @ Hartlepool Supporter’s Club (Sandringham Rd).

Unless they agree a double-header matinee somewhere in Trimdon (mid point between the 2 towns), anyone know where I can get a clone or android replica in a week?

Fortunately no such problems for Oct 26th

Kenny Wayne Shepherd + Laurence Jones @ Gateshead; Sage

Also, occurring - Oct 24th - Brothers Groove + Blues Boy Dan Owen at (Hall of Fame Inductees) Sedgefield R’n'B Club

A full week-end….

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Ending the year with:-

The Mentulls + Lucy Zirins (Guisborough)
Matt Schofield + Ben Poole (Stockton)
Stevie Nimmo (Cluny)
Aynsley Lister (Cluny gig - sure sign Christmas isn’t far behind)
Jon Amor (Guisborough)

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2014-07-29

PM

Looking forward to Aynsley in Augsburg (Germany) next week. Also getting excited about seeing Eric Steckel for the first time - he’s playing in a small hotel in rural Bavaria at the end of November. It’s kind of surreal as it’s really in the back of beyond and he’s driving hours from Hamburg to get there. But it sounds like a great intimate venue.

That’s it for the rest of year - don’t quite have as many options as you up there in the North East!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

GMac - 20 October 2014 12:36 PM

Looking forward to Aynsley in Augsburg (Germany) next week. Also getting excited about seeing Eric Steckel for the first time - he’s playing in a small hotel in rural Bavaria at the end of November. It’s kind of surreal as it’s really in the back of beyond and he’s driving hours from Hamburg to get there. But it sounds like a great intimate venue.

That’s it for the rest of year - don’t quite have as many options as you up there in the North East!

Doesn’t need saying, but I’ll say it anyway - you’ll have a great time with Aynsley & band.

Hope you enjoy Eric Steckel, expect some epic solos. He did his UK debut at my “local”, Sedgefield a while back but hasn’t played the UK much since, shame as he’s an awesome player.

Yes, we do quite well up in this part of England, but there are still some bands who seem to be a bit shy about playing outside of London - we don’t bite, really…..

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

So, October swings by again, so the Autumn gigs should be running like spawning salmon up the Spey….
Time to aske the usual question, who are you seeing & where?

For me:-
Erja Lyytinen - Darlington Forum - 2/10
Ryan McGarvey - Hartlepool Belle Vue - 16/10
Ryan McGarvey + Rebecca Downes - Gateshead Sage - 17/10
Willie & the Bandits - Newcastle Cluny - 25/10
Mike Zito & The Wheel - Newcastle Cluny - 30/10
Mark Pontin Group - Newcastle Cluny - 11/11
Virgil & The Accelerators - Newcastle Cluny - 20/11
The Della Grants - Ferryhill Mainsforth - 22/11 (if its on…..)
Rebecca Downes - Sedgefield R’n'B Club - 27/11
Aynsley Lister + The Mentulls - Newcastle Cluny - 5/12
Chantel McGregor - Newcastle Cluny - 13/12

Signature