Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Which HOME track is your favourite?

Poll: Which HOME track is you favourite?
Total Votes: 13
Home
Broke
Insatiable
Inside Out
Free
Sugar
You Make It Real
Feeling Good
Possession
Hyde 2612
Impossible
Straight Talkin’ Woman
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3364

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Okay, it’s officially out there, Aynsley’s newest and quite possibly his best album yet. So whaddya waiting for? Get it bought, slap whatever format into the player of your choice, enjoy it, savour it, grab a tennis racket and dance round the living room to it. Then, take a deep breath and vote on your favourite track.

Yeah, I know - some of us have had it a while now, and it’s not an easy ask; it never is, but give it a shot.

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 648

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

You gotta be kiddin me right? I was Homeless until just a few days ago and you want a fave already????
I’ll give you my four favourites for now - could be a good while before I can do any better than that.
So far it’s going to be between “Home”, “Possession”, “Insatiable”, and “Free”, which raised the hairs on my neck the first time I heard it. That could be the one, but then I’m thinking I’d heard the other three played live a few times, so maybe they could have done the same if I hadn’t.

What really impresses me though is that those tracks that have been tried and tested on the road, and I’ve heard several times live, have a freshness on the album that I wouldn’t have expected.

Ian

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Believe me, I’ve had the album since May, and picking a favourite gets no easier. I thought it might be, just diving in cold after a couple of playings, but since when has Aynsley ever put a “filler” on one of his albums?

Home & Free I’d predict will be front runners, closely followed for me by Insatiable, Inside Out, Impossible, Feeling Good and Straight Talkin’ Woman; ahh but then Sugar is such a fun romp. And damn it, I’m gonna have to play the album again…..

Like previous polls, a multiple choice would be good, but the set-up doesn’t allow. Unless…we get hold of Marc the site-boffin and see if we can use any of the several thousand spam addresses for repeat votes.

Absolutely agree, the production on the album is 1st Class.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 130

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Ok, I’ll be brave…  My absolute favorite is Home.  This song is a classic.  It has to be one of my favorite songs of all time, by any artist.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Initially I thought it was obvious, but now it needs more time!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, voting has started, tentatively - not an easy ask, I do appreciate, whether you had the album for days or for weeks; it’s just so good.

I’ve noticed that the number of hits on the thread is quite healthy - don’t know if this is just casual browsers or folk just waiting to see what everyone else is going to do. Please, if you have a copy of the album, take some time and let us know which track stands out for you. If you haven’t bought the album yet - why not? You don’t know what you’re missing. While you’re on the site - get one bought at the store.

Any former forum members looking in; welcome back.

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2011-11-27

PM

I’ve just got the album and played it a few times and its great. There are some great tracks on it BUT the track that’s so different is the shortest ” Impossible”.
The style and tone of the vocal is spot on.
Stick a slow solo on the beginning and one to play out with at the end and you’ve got a sure fire winner for an encore.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Thanks for the vote Neil - so far as I’m aware, and Steph will probably correct me if I’m wrong, but Impossible is one of the two tracks Aynsley hasn’t done “live”, yet. Yeah, its an odd little number, but it does get under your skin. Who knows, if a few more people feel the same maybe Aynsley will work it in future shows.

Solid choice from Jdog - destined to be an Aynsley classic.

Jimmy - At first I was wondering if your album had an extra track - didn’t recall one called Obvious - then I put my reading glasses on…. Hey, would be an excellent suggestion for a song title next time round. Aynsley, take note.

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-03-08

PM

All killer, no filler, ‘nuf said !!! Although I just love the “bounce” of Inside Out grin

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 12 July 2013 06:22 AM

Jimmy - At first I was wondering if your album had an extra track - didn’t recall one called Obvious - then I put my reading glasses on…. Hey, would be an excellent suggestion for a song title next time round. Aynsley, take note.

Must be the Special Limited Edition!

After all that, I’ve gone for the “Obvious”! Just can’t get away from it.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 648

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

jimmyo - 15 July 2013 06:54 AM
mcraggs27 - 12 July 2013 06:22 AM

Must be the Special Limited Edition!

After all that, I’ve gone for the “Obvious”! Just can’t get away from it.

Nothing obvious to me yet - the wheels are still turning here.
It does take me back to when Aynsley was road testing much of the new material though. I was starting to think we may have an album of one word song titles.

Just think how many words rhyme with obvious…............... maybe next time.

Ian

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Icon - 15 July 2013 11:16 AM

Just think how many words rhyme with obvious…............... maybe next time.

Ian

Nearly 900, my favourites being isthmus, rufous & strumous

Signature

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

Hard to pick just one.  This cd is pretty damn amazing!  I did vote for HOME, as that is the one that I keep going back to on this one (so far)

Did anybody else have a issue with track 11?  Mine skips and there is nothing on the cd to make it do so.  I took it out and put in into my ITUNES library and then into my car as I was out driving around.

At any rate, KEEP ON ROCKING!!!!

Signature

GO RAIDERS!  FIGHT ON TROJANS!  “JUST WIN BABY”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hey Raiderman,

Glad you’re enjoying the new album, and thanks for the vote. Yeah, not an easy choice; in fact it gets harder the more you play the album; such quality over a range of styles. It’s a shame the system isn’t set up to do multiple votes or even a sliding scale. I did think about a second poll, for second favourites, but would that be any easier?

Sorry to read that your disc may have a glitch, if it’s occurring on all your players, I’m sure if you email Steph something will be sorted.

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

My fave depends on the mood I’m in.  I have voted for ‘Free’ as it is a really hard song to beat, sad yet uplifting at the same time, it is a song I regularly go to out of my playlist.  When I am out walking my favourites to walk along to are ‘Hyde’ (I find myself kind of strutting to that one! LOL!) and ‘Feeling Good’ - but I have to be careful when I put that one on as I find I want to skip for some reason!!!

Following on the ‘Impossible’ theme - would love to hear it live at the Cluny in November PLEASE!!!!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Bluebell - 24 July 2013 12:43 PM

When I am out walking my favourites to walk along to are ‘Hyde’ (I find myself kind of strutting to that one! LOL!) and ‘Feeling Good’ - but I have to be careful when I put that one on as I find I want to skip for some reason!!!

Well, there’s probably stranger sites down Chichester Rd. or staggering out The Nook on a Friday night…...

Voting too low still to draw any conclusions, no outright clear favourite emerging: interesting though, the number of favourable nods toward Impossible as people’s “second” choice.

Signature