You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Supakev n’ Pilchards

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

Hi Everyone,

Newby here….

I’ve been playing Everything I Need and Equilibrium non-stop for a month now and recently saw him at the Half Moon in Putney.

I’m really enjoying everything I hear and was wondering if he ever does ‘solo’ gigs (for want of a better word) like on the Supakev n’ Pilchards album?

If so, are they ever announced in advance?  I’ve got tickets to see him in Putney again but i’d really love to hear him play solo some time.

Thnx for any pointers.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Welcome to the forum Lighty. Yes Aynsley does the occasional solo gig and is usually flagged up as such on his gig list. Next one is Bracknell on April 3rd. Not a million miles away from Putney is it.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Welcome Lighty - great to have some new blood!

Yes, as Tilerman says, solo gigs are marked on the gig page & Aynsley also does the odd duo with André, just to give you something else to search out.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hi Lighty,

And another welcome aboard the forum. I see Tilerman and Jimmyo have already given you pointers to the Gigs list. Aynsley tends to do solo (or duo shows with Andre Bassing on keys) in the early pary of the year and they are a rare treat if you can catch one; Tilerman has already mentioned the upcoming Bracknell date in April. The Supakev album is over 10 years old now, so naturally, the set list has moved on a bit; Aynsley tends to play pretty much a loose set, some favourites and some songs close to his heart. If you can’t get to one of the solo shows this time round, check out Aynsley’s YouTube channel; widget on the front page (almost know what I’m talkin’ about there….), bound to be something from recent gigs such as this from a Crawley show a few weeks ago:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cEQi2LOEk

Remember, keep an eye out on the gigs list as Steph is already knocking into shape the Autumn/Winter tour. See you already have the September Putney gig in hand, but if you can’t wait until then, Aynsley has stepped in at the 100 Club on April 30th, with Oli Brown pulling out.

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-03-19

PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks to everyone for the replies….and for making me feel so welcome.

I’m going to try for April 3rd but either way will keep an eye on the website for news and info.

Fingers crossed I can make it to Bracknell though.  If it turns out to be half as good as i think…it’ll be superb!

Cheers

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Trust us, it will be.