Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

The London Gig Guide

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4505

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

One of those (very) few times you wished you lived in or near London: July 28th - Matt Schofield AND Henrik Freischlader play Under The Bridge…..

Signature

Let’s make some noise for Locksmiths - the original “key-workers”.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

And we’re 5 Years Old too…..

Somebody promised me there’d be biscuits….....

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Booking early for Aynsley in 2020…..

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Looks like London is to lose one of it’s smaller though legendry venues at the end of August, The Borderline.

http://dhpfamily.com/2019/05/live-music-venue-borderline-set-to-close/?fbclid=IwAR0h79k9TVGNqsfMuQRg4iQ2iHQzdqFC7Em3YpgTTCXnib2I7bGoWSp4LPg

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Feb 25th 2020:-

Legendary drummer, Mick Fleetwood has enlisted an all star cast for a one-of-a-kind concert honouring the early years of Fleetwood Mac and its founder, Peter Green.The bill includes Billy Gibbons, David Gilmour, Jonny Lang, Andy Fairweather Low, John Mayall, Christine McVie, Zak Starkey, Steven Tyler, Bill Wyman and more to be announced. Legendary producer Glyn Johns has joined as the executive sound producer and the house band will feature Fleetwood himself along with Andy Fairweather Low, Dave Bronze, and Ricky Peterson.Fleetwood, who curated the list of artists performing, said: “The concert is a celebration of those early blues days where we all began, and it’s important to recognize the profound impact Peter and the early Fleetwood Mac had on the world of music. Peter was my greatest mentor and it gives me such joy to pay tribute to his incredible talent. I am honoured to be sharing the stage with some of the many artists Peter has inspired over the years and who share my great respect for this remarkable musician. ‘Then Play On’…”

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

March 3rd - Music For The Marsden

Don’t panic! We haven’t lost Bernie….
The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity is thrilled to announce a star-studded benefit concert to be held at The O2 on Tuesday 3 March 2020 with a stellar line up of superstars performing their biggest hits.
Funds raised from the concert will go towards building The Royal Marsden’s brand new, state of the art cancer treatment and research facility, the Oak Cancer Centre.
Performing on Tuesday 3 March at the ‘Music for the Marsden’ concert will be a formidable line-up including Eric Clapton, the legendary Tom Jones, Gary Brooker of Procol Harum plus Simply Red’s Mick Hucknall, John Illsley from Dire Straits, Paul Jones, Rick Wakeman from Yes, Mike Rutherford and Paul Carrack and the unstoppable Bonnie Tyler. Paul Young and Zucchero will perform the smash hit duet Senza una Donna.
Gary Brooker, of Procol Harum, is Musical Director of the show and has worked tirelessly to bring together the line-up of the greats playing their hits live onstage, as well as the all-star house band. The house band line up is: Paul ‘Wix’ Wickens (keyboards), Andy Fairweather Low and Robbie McIntosh (guitars), Dave Bronze (bass), Graham Broad and Ian Paice (drums & percussion).
More artists will be announced at a later date.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

Samantha Fish is headed over for a big tour, not sure of all the places, but check out her website.

Albert Castiglia will be back and forth as well.

John Primer has a tour of Europe coming up.

Mike Zito as you know.

Devon Allman’s new band the Allman Betts band will also be headed over for a month or so.

Check out their websites and hit the shows…

Signature

GO RAIDERS!  FIGHT ON TROJANS!  “JUST WIN BABY”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Raiderman - 15 January 2020 02:58 AM

Samantha Fish is headed over for a big tour, not sure of all the places, but check out her website.

Mike Zito as you know.

Devon Allman’s new band the Allman Betts band will also be headed over for a month or so.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 789

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Mike Zito as you know.

Re Sam Fish, no North East dates, but she has Felix Rabin as support, so might have to travel

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 16 January 2020 12:46 AM

Mike Zito as you know.

Re Sam Fish, no North East dates, but she has Felix Rabin as support, so might have to travel

Yeah, Got Samantha covered - 11 countries, 22 gigs over 32 days on her headlining tour (Feb/March) and she’ll be hitting mainland Europe supporting Kenny Wayne Shepherd in July but not clear yet if that support continues in October when KWS swings through the UK.

Leeds; Brudenell is the nearest, John. Felix is also there in a Blues package that includes Kris Barras in May and he’s also putting together his own tour for later.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

To add to main list:-

Nov
6th - The Rifles @ O2 SBE

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, things are kind of up-in-the-air at the moment with gigs, I would probably think larger venues such as indoor arenas especially.

I’ll try to post any postponements that I hear as quickly as I do announcements, but if you hear anything before I do, please post. We could be in for a bumpy ride over the next month or so, but hey, grist to the blues mill…

Best advice - check the venue or band website regularly, before venturing out.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Closed in London:-

National Theatre,
London Palladium
Royal Opera House
Royal Albert Hall
The O2 & Indigo @ O2 - (At least until beginning April, then review.)
SSE Arena; Wembley
Boom Boom Club; Sutton
Beaverwood; Chislehurst - (At least up till April 7th)

100 Club still going but gigs are thinning out.
Nell’s jazz & Blues - as above.
O2 Forum; SBE; Academys - Brixton; Islington - open, but rapidly thinning through April.

Signature