Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Review - First of new material..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Pete Feenstra recently commented on Aynsley’s new material from what he’s heard played live over the past few months… Here for your interest:

“Aynsley Lister’s music is rooted in a bluesy feel, fattened by funky tones, fully realised in sumptuous grooves and topped by uplifting hooks.

He was always a hugely talented guitarist, but his vocals now carry a mature resonance and his songs are shot through with weight of experience and real song writing craft. Contemporary rock never sounded so essential.” - PETE FEENSTRA

I’m just listening to the first draft of the new album and it’s really shaping up something else…  This is gonna be killer.  Will keep you updated with progress and news as it comes in.

Steph

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1440

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

I look forward to hearing it and hope it’s ready for 2nd December! smile

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

I’m crossing my fingers for a couple of dates late November! Guaranteed to be quality, but it’s been a real experience listening to some of the songs develop on the road over the past few months - makes you feel part of the process.

Just as an aside - the song releases that have come through the site as downloads, the live, acoustic numbers with Andre - if there were to be a release of those & more on CD - put me down for a couple.

Mike

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

I’ll go along with all that. Have a really good feeling about this album.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Don’t know if this is related, but just reading Aynsley’s recent tweet - Southern Fried Chicken sandwiches - the Usain Bolt diet…..does this mean we can expect a fast number on the new album?  tongue wink

Come on - did you expect me to ask if it was “finger-pickin’ good”?

Sorry, but couldn’t let that one lie….

Mike

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..