Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

The new album, HOME & updates

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

I like it a lot there’s a lot of interesting things on the album, try listening again a few times

BB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Time is ticking by to cast your votes in the British Blues Awards - Not only is HOME in the running for Best Album, but the title track is up for Best Song and Aynsley is in the running for Kevin Thorpe Songwriter Award.

Not only that, but Best Guitarist and Best Male Vocalist nominations…. Worth shouting about.

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 12 June 2014 10:56 AM

Time is ticking by to cast your votes in the British Blues Awards - Not only is HOME in the running for Best Album, but the title track is up for Best Song and Aynsley is in the running for Kevin Thorpe Songwriter Award.

Not only that, but Best Guitarist and Best Male Vocalist nominations…. Worth shouting about.

Best album, isn’t that the category sponsored by sedgefield Blues club, plug plug., that would be cool, having our name on his mantlepiece!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, Aynsley’s name is on your stage backdrop (twice), so fair’s fair.

Mind you, such a tight category this year, it’ll be a coup to be on any of the nominee’s mantelpieces.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Lyrics for Home, Broke, Insatiable and the rest of the album, now available through:-

http://www.lyricsmania.com/home_album_lyrics_aynsley_lister.html

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

After a considerable no of plays I have come to the conclusion that Free is the number one track on the album. Does anyone else agree?
BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

The Big Blue - 01 March 2015 09:37 PM

After a considerable no of plays I have come to the conclusion that Free is the number one track on the album. Does anyone else agree?
BB

15 Months consideration time….. Nobody can accuse you of making snap decisions, BB.

Great to have you back - hope all’s well with you & yours.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1035

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

mcraggs27 - 02 March 2015 10:39 AM
The Big Blue - 01 March 2015 09:37 PM

BB

15 Months consideration time….. Nobody can accuse you of making snap decisions, BB.

Great to have you back - hope all’s well with you & yours.

HiHi … regarding the bit of consideration time …
I’ll try to answer that next week after a concert next Sunday in the Netherlands. Have to admit that I did not listen the new album that much. Home is a bit too clean and polished for my taste. I miss the intensity and energy and fiery guitar sounds of the early years.
If I can’t decide next week, you have to wait till end of April. Just got a ticket today for another concert in Duisburg on 23 April.

Yes … great to have you back, BB.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Any news as to when Aynsley is planning a new album?...  He has got to be sitting on a “treasure trove’ of new songs, so a new album must be in the plans at some point…

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hey John,
No doubt Aynsley’s got some new stuff brewing but I think for the time being at least, Aynsley & Steph will be concentrating on the release of Til Bennewitz debut album next month, which will be their first “other artist” release for Straight Talkin’ Records as well as Aynsley’s first time as producer, aided and abetted no doubt by Wayne Proctor. I do expect that Aynsley brought at least one of his guitars and amps along to the sessions.

Keep your eyes peeled too after May; you’ve probably seen word that Aynsley is taking a big band (horns, backing singers & second keyboard) over to Poland for a show. Pretty confident there’ll be a “live” CD at the end of this, and fingers crossed for a DVD (Kickstarter….?)

Know it won’t satisfy your hunger for new material, but maybe some old gems in a new format to keep you going.

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-12-17

PM

mcraggs27 - 18 March 2015 09:39 AM

Hey John,
No doubt Aynsley’s got some new stuff brewing but I think for the time being at least, Aynsley & Steph will be concentrating on the release of Til Bennewitz debut album next month,

Does anyone know how to buy a copy of Til Bennewitz’s album?

I have tried buying it through Til’s web site and I just got an email saying I would be sent details of how to puchase in a later email, which has never materialised.

I have tried buying it through Aynsley’s web site but when I try to add the CD to the basket I get a message saying it is not available.

I like what I have heard of Til’s music, but it seems difficult to buy the album.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

AlanC - 15 September 2015 11:24 AM

Hey John,
No doubt Aynsley’s got some new stuff brewing but I think for the time being at least, Aynsley & Steph will be concentrating on the release of Til Bennewitz debut album next month,

I have tried buying it through Til’s web site and I just got an email saying I would be sent details of how to puchase in a later email, which has never materialised.

I have tried buying it through Aynsley’s web site but when I try to add the CD to the basket I get a message saying it is not available.

I like what I have heard of Til’s music, but it seems difficult to buy the album.

Hi Alan,
I’ve had a quick check on the STR website (the label), and surprised its not their either, though Till’s debut E.P. is. I’ve bounced a message about your enquiry through to Steph (the boss) and hopefully you’ll hear back soon or I’ll relay any reply.
Hang on in there - it’s really worth the wait.
Mike

PS - welcome aboard the forum, hope we hear more from you in the future.

PPS - Don’t know where you’re based, but Till is down to play at the Secret Blues Fest in Scarborough in March - Aynsley is “artist in residence” which usually means a couple of sets and some hot jams.

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2011-12-17

PM

mcraggs27 - 15 September 2015 11:52 AM
AlanC - 15 September 2015 11:24 AM

Hey John,

Hi Alan,
I’ve had a quick check on the STR website (the label), and surprised its not their either, though Till’s debut E.P. is. I’ve bounced a message about your enquiry through to Steph (the boss) and hopefully you’ll hear back soon or I’ll relay any reply.
Hang on in there - it’s really worth the wait.
Mike

PS - welcome aboard the forum, hope we hear more from you in the future.

PPS - Don’t know where you’re based, but Till is down to play at the Secret Blues Fest in Scarborough in March - Aynsley is “artist in residence” which usually means a couple of sets and some hot jams.

Thanks!