Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

The new album, HOME & updates

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

Crazy as this may seem, I only discovered Aynsley at the end of 2012 when a friend saw him in Newcastle and told me to listen to his music.  I did - and haven’t stopped since!! 

I have since managed to get almost all albums and both DVDs.  I am soooo happy to be going to Sedgefield in May to see him live at last (I also just got my tickets for the Cluny in November - yey!!) and I’ve just seen that I’ll be able to get his new CD at Sedgefield too.  I was really hoping this would be the case.  I can’t wait!! Love the songs I have heard so far that are reported to be on it.  Am kind of hoping that there may be a new DVD in the pipeline too - one can alway hope!!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Bluebell69 - 09 April 2013 04:22 PM

Crazy as this may seem, I only discovered Aynsley at the end of 2012 when a friend saw him in Newcastle and told me to listen to his music.  I did - and haven’t stopped since!! 

I have since managed to get almost all albums and both DVDs.  I am soooo happy to be going to Sedgefield in May to see him live at last (I also just got my tickets for the Cluny in November - yey!!) and I’ve just seen that I’ll be able to get his new CD at Sedgefield too.  I was really hoping this would be the case.  I can’t wait!! Love the songs I have heard so far that are reported to be on it.  Am kind of hoping that there may be a new DVD in the pipeline too - one can alway hope!!

Welcome to the forum and look forward to meeting you. at Sedgefield. I can promise one hell of a night, come early.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Mike,

Thanks so much for your replies to me regarding the new album.  I certainly appreciate your time and help. Since I obviously do not know any of you all personally and I’m quite new to this forum, I just wanted to know if it was proper to contact Ms. Steph re: the possibility of getting an autographed copy of the new album.  I understand that she is probably quite busy and I don’t want to bother her.  I would certainly appreciate the chance to purchase an autographed copy, but I would be just as happy to be able to purchase the disk (without autograph) as soon as she is able to sell it.  So anyway, thanks again and I will keep following the forum.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

jdog5407 - 10 April 2013 02:43 AM

Mike,

Thanks so much for your replies to me regarding the new album.  I certainly appreciate your time and help. Since I obviously do not know any of you all personally and I’m quite new to this forum, I just wanted to know if it was proper to contact Ms. Steph re: the possibility of getting an autographed copy of the new album.  I understand that she is probably quite busy and I don’t want to bother her.  I would certainly appreciate the chance to purchase an autographed copy, but I would be just as happy to be able to purchase the disk (without autograph) as soon as she is able to sell it.  So anyway, thanks again and I will keep following the forum.

Keep watching the forum then send Steph a message when its out, she’ll sort you out.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Bluebell69 - 09 April 2013 04:22 PM

Hi Bluebell & welcome to the forum. We don’t care when you discovered Aynsley, we’re just glad that you did and that you’re enjoying the music, and the shows. Sedgefield is a good, friendly venue and Aynsley is the first headliner to pay a return visit - really excited about that. As for The Cluny; it’s one of Aynsley’s favourite venues, so guaranteed another great night out. If that’s not enough, and I’m guessing you’re another North-Eastener, (see by your profile, you’re a “sand-dancer”), there’s a gig in November down in Reeth (nr Richmond, N.Yorks) at The Buck Hotel; just keep an eye on the Gigs page.

Not sure about a new DVD, but then Steph does like to surprise us now and again, so wouldn’t rule it out. Meantime, check out Aynsley’s YouTube channel for some great vids.

Once again, welcome aboard and look forward to swapping posts as well as meeting up at Sedgefield and other gigs.

Mike

PS - Jimmy - way this is going, maybe we should do an Introductions Thread….?

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

jdog5407 - 10 April 2013 02:43 AM

Mike,

No problems, happy to help.

With the imminent release of the new album and tours to organise, there are times Steph is busy, but she always appreciates good feedback about Aynsley and does her damndest to look after fans, so sure she doesn’t mind genuine requests; you’re bound to get a reply - maybe even from Aynsley himself.

If there is a problem, I’m sure one of us would sort a disc at a gig for you and send it on.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 10 April 2013 08:27 AM

In that case - welcome Bluebell!

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-12-11

PM

mcraggs27 - 10 April 2013 08:27 AM

[Hi Bluebell & welcome to the forum. We don’t care when you discovered Aynsley, we’re just glad that you did and that you’re enjoying the music, and the shows. Sedgefield is a good, friendly venue and Aynsley is the first headliner to pay a return visit - really excited about that. As for The Cluny; it’s one of Aynsley’s favourite venues, so guaranteed another great night out. If that’s not enough, and I’m guessing you’re another North-Eastener, (see by your profile, you’re a “sand-dancer”), there’s a gig in November down in Reeth (nr Richmond, N.Yorks) at The Buck Hotel; just keep an eye on the Gigs page.

Not sure about a new DVD, but then Steph does like to surprise us now and again, so wouldn’t rule it out. Meantime, check out Aynsley’s YouTube channel for some great vids.

Once again, welcome aboard and look forward to swapping posts as well as meeting up at Sedgefield and other gigs.

Mike

Thanks for the welcome.  Yup - Sand-dancer born and bred!! grin Not having my own transport (or very much income for that matter!) makes getting to gigs further away difficult, but I guess that will just mean that I appreciate the ones I get to even more!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Bluebell69 - 10 April 2013 07:51 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  Yup - Sand-dancer born and bred!! grin Not having my own transport (or very much income for that matter!) makes getting to gigs further away difficult, but I guess that will just mean that I appreciate the ones I get to even more!!

As John (Tilerman) suggested, keen an eye on the Tyne-Tees Gig Thread; it may not do much for your bank account, but it’ll keep you entertained. I do keep an eye on Customs House, which is a good local venue for you, as well at Whitley Bay Playhouse; speaking of Whitley Bay, BIlly Walton Band has been known to play the trojan Club there - I’d watch out for that band, though I think they’ve got a foot in at The Cluny now. Thanks for mentioning the Mitch Laddie gig I missed.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Hi everyone and another warm welcome from me to jdog and Bluebell..  Thanks for joining us!

Sorry I’ve been quiet for a while…  Things have been heating up lately as the album gets nearer and nearer…  It’s so exciting now I can hardly sleep at night haha!

Here’s the latest update..  The album now arrives with us at Straight Talkin’ HQ on THURSDAY (18th April).  The press copies get sent straight off and the PR machine starts rolling which means a release date is expected in the beginning of JULY, once the mags have had their copies to review etc.  At the moment we’re playing around with July 8th which would sit perfectly with a release party at The Robin on July 5th (with Ron Sayer Jr support).

The release is a little further back than we anticipated but we wanted to nail the back office side, especially with it being our first release on our own label.  Both Aynsley and I are absolutely blown away by the support we’ve had from everyone - from fans offering their support and well wishes with the label to the companies we’re working with in the press, distribution, publishing etc.  It’s been an amazing journey so far!

For your interest, the track listing on the album is as follows:

1. Home
2. Broke
3. Insatiable
4. Inside Out
5. Free
6. Sugar
7. You Make It Real
8. Feeling Good
9. Possession
10. Hyde 2612
11. Impossible
12. Straight Talkin’ Woman

In the meantime, between now and the release date, the album will be available at gigs and there’ll also be exclusive offers for the fans on the mailing list coming up so it’s worth getting on that if you’re not already.

It’s also worth mentioning that at the moment the release date is planned to be the same worldwide (and we have US distribution).  If you want your copies signing, there’ll be an option for this if you buy it from here (Aynsley’s website, that is) and there’s free worldwide shipping too.  There’s also going to be a free signed photograph with all orders purchased via this website, just for fun.

I think that’s it for now.  One day I think I might sit down and write a blog about our label and why it came about..

See you all soon,

Steph

Image Attachments

FRONT-Artwork-Forum-Copy.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Steph - 14 April 2013 11:47 AM

....There’s also going to be a free signed photograph with all orders purchased via this website, just for fun.

Of you??

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

jimmyo - 14 April 2013 12:58 PM

....There’s also going to be a free signed photograph with all orders purchased via this website, just for fun.

Of you??

Haha nope!!  I might include an autographed copy of the cover of ‘Mickey Blue Eyes’ though… wink

Image Attachments

MickeyBlueEyes-Forum.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Thanks Ms. Steph for the album update.  I’ll be honest, it’s going to be tough for me to wait until the July 8th release date.  But I do understand the business aspects that need to be addressed beforehand.  From what I’ve heard on YouTube from the songs on the track list, this is going to be an excellent album, and you and Mr. Lister have every right to be excited (ecstatic) about and proud of this release.  Best of luck with all the “prerequisites” before the official release date.  I will keep following the forum closely (and I have signed up for the mailing list) for an opportunity to order the disc before it’s official release date.  Thanks again.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hi everyone and another warm welcome from me to jdog and Bluebell..  Thanks for joining us!

Don’t forget Dazz, think he’s the 1st Australian on the forum.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2013-04-04

PM

Based on Ms. Steph’s most recent post in this thread, Mr. Lister’s new album will be available at his next gig on 4/27/13.  That means (I think) that some of you out there will be able to get the new album in 2 days…  Please give us some early reviews.  Hopefully Ms. Steph will be able to notify the rest of us thru this thread or by mailing list soon about the opportunity to purchase the album thru this site…  Keeping fingers crossed.