Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

The new album, HOME & updates

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 686

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

A great blog from Aynsley with an update on the new album. Very interesting to read the thought process that has taken place and why now is the right time to go into the studio. I for one can hardly wait.

Paul

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Yeah, an interesting Blog from the Captain. Think we can pretty much anticipate half the songs Aynsley’s taking into the studio as well as at least one of the two covers, though I wouldn’t get complacent, I know from the “live” DVDs that there are a couple of songs done “live” that didn’t make it to recording studio. Also, at best, the new stuff from the road would only count about half an album, so who knows what else his got tucked away.

Think the comments about YouTube are telling. Depending on the quality of the recording of the night, its giving Aynsley an almost instant barometer of the new material and he can run comparisons if he uses different arrangements or lyric changes before making a definitive choice. Saves the hassle and I suppose the expense of setting up recording from the soundboard each gig, but as I say, there’s no guarantee of the recording quality posted on YouTube.

Just hope he doesn’t go overboard on the cowbells…...

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-08-14

PM

Glad to hear Aynsley is finally going into the studio after 3 1/2 years.  The music landscape has changed a great deal since 2009 and he has some catching up to do.  I possess all his recordings, but to be honest I don’t listen to them much anymore.  I have listened some of the new covers and am encouraged - there’s a maturity coming through not heard before.  Mr. Lister’s still one of the finest guitarists on this planet and a superb entertainer.  I wish him all the best with this new venture and look forward to hearing it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Welcome onboard Indyscott.

Some interesting observations in your post; glad to read you’re a long term listener/supporter/fan and that you’re keeping up with new material. Have you checked out some of the newer original stuff Aynsley’s been touring, pre-recording, on YouTube? I think you’ll be able to see how things have come on but are still rooted in Equilibrium. Yeah, it has been a while since the last studio release, maybe not quite on a “Pink Floyd” timescale, but I’m wondering if the success of Tower Sessions caught Aynsley off-guard and partly precipitated things. Mind, Aynsley’s most recent blog tells a bit of what’s going on behind the process and the main thing is, there’s new product on the way and from what I’ve heard from the road, it’ll be an assured quality item. We just have to get out there and tell everyone else…

Is the landscape changing, or is it growing? I haven’t been round on the blues scene all that long, but it seems to me that every week there’s a hot youngster with a guitar springing out the woodwork. A couple of years ago Oli Brown was a bum-fluffed school-leaver and this year he’s released his thrid album. Virgil McMahon (& The Accelerators) is setting fretboards on fire and Mitch Laddie is blazing away. And that’s just to mention 3 that’s come on in the last few years, but even they are being chased by even younger bands like The Mentulls and Alec McKown. I’m not even going to get started on the American scene and bands who come over here in the wake of Joe Bonamassa, let alone Europeans. That said, I don’t know how it is round your neck of the woods, but the number of clubs and venues that are opening their doors to blues/rock acts seems to be growing despite the hard times. In my own area, we’ve had Darlington, Redcar and Guisborough clubs running for over 10 years, now Hartlepool, Sedgefield, Mainsforth, Saltburn and Shildon are attracting bands, and not just at grass-root level. Blues programmes are springing up on independent and digital radio stations; hopefully it’ll be a matter of time before “real” music shows spring up on digital TV stations.

Possibly, the blues scene is at it most exciting and prolific since the mid to late 60s. Maybe there will be “purists” who won’t consider half these bands as being “blues”; I don’t care; these guys and gals are getting out there, playing real music and enjoying it - as much as you can in December when your tour van is up to its hubcaps in snow. For my money, I’d say Aynsley was at the vanguard, certainly at the UK side, of this blues resurgeance and the growing maturity you mention will be just one edge to keep him there as long as he continues to play.

Phew!! Sorry to rattle on. Look foward to more postings and observations you may have. Enjoy the forum.

Mike

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

Welcome Indyscott - or is it welcome back?!

Either way, good to have you here. Look what you’ve done to Mike already!

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Hey guys what songs can we expect on it and when’s the release date?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hi Topdog.

Seeing the band in action on the last UK date before they “rock it” to Switzerland throughout October and having a good chin-wag with them, I think it’s safe to say Inside-Out, Possession and Insatiable have made the cut. I don’t know about Sugar: I like the song, its a great “live” take, but I don’t know how it’ll work on an album, given what Steph told me about it’s origins. Pretty sure the Nina Simone Feeling Good will be there too. That’s only half the album, Aynsley’s too canny to give everything away just yet.

No word as to release date, but Steph is trying to sort a release party, so watch this space…..

Something I think I can tell you, without getting my wrists slapped: if you follow Aynsley’s tweets, then you’ve probably sussed that Andre Bassing is on keyboard duties for the recording and Steve Amadeo is on bass. I’m not sure if Aynsley has ever taken the “road” band into the studio before; if he has, it was before my watch, but Hell, if you’ve talent like that on the road, makes sense, doesn’t it? Guess who’s on the drummstool…..Wayne Proctor!!!

Hope that’s got you thinking….

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Any new updates?

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

The Big Blue - 23 October 2012 11:17 PM

Any new updates?

BB

Other than what’s on Aynsley’s most recent blog, nothing as yet. Guess he’s gonna be a busy bunny once he gets back from this SEAT tour.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Speaking to Aynsley at the Boom Boom last night, he said the new Album will be wide ranging.

He refused to deny that it would include both Rap and Reggae songs!!!!

The Album is now expected in Spring next year!!! All the bass, drums and Keyboards tracks have been recorded it just remains for Mr L to work his magic.

BB

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Well, Steph has me on speed-dial if they need any cowbell but better tell her; since I’ve already seen the first Christmas tree this year, its time to put the cowbells away and break out the SLEIGHBELLS!!!  cheese

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

And if they need any hecklers I can round up a few!!!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

In the final stages of production, looking to release late spring / early summer. Ideas are being tossed around for release party.

Here’s a bombshell - not only a new album, but new label! Aynsley’s own - Straight Talkin’. So the album is going to be something very special.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

Sounds like the release date has slipped a little, still waiting with interest and looking forward to the release.

BB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Nope.. Still on schedule for May at the moment.  We’ll be deciding the exact date once the physical copies arrive with us.  Getting close now!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 686

Joined 2008-10-14

PM

Please not May 4th Steph. My son gets married on that day, and his big sister and her bloke both want to come as well. And I won’t talk to you ever again, lol…...................................