Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Everything I need…

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

Hello my brothers and sisters, in blues over the water…

Had some kick ass speakers installed as we like to have block party’s here where I live.  I live in a cul-de-sac in a housing addition. WT FESTER is one block away from me.

At any rate, we like to have a little get together’s with the neighbors during the warm weather months, and I like to pump up the songs.  Once I got these in, the first cd I put on was Everything I need.

Having the title song blasting, was awesome… people were looking, everybody was outside when i pumped up the volume, into, “ANGLE O MINE” one of my absolute fav songs of our fav artist Aynsley Lister!
God i really love this song…!!!!!  So i go out with my girl and we just start doing stuff in our yard, with the song blasting at CONCERT volume!  Needless to say, we have more Aynsley Lister fans today, then we did yesterday.

I told them to come here, to buy his cd’s from his site and that if he comes to the states, we all will go to see him.

That was just after 2 songs, I ended up playing all the CD’s that I have of his….

KEEP ON ROCKING brother…. we all love you!

KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!!

Signature

GO RAIDERS!  FIGHT ON TROJANS!  “JUST WIN BABY”

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Raiderman - That’s taking “Street-teaming” to a whole new level. You ROCK!!

Been to a couple of block parties when with friends in Minneapolis - been some good music especially when some of the neighbours make up a band. Get a lot of Doobie Bros, some Allman Bros, bits of all sorts, but often wondered, what would happen if someone like Aynsley turns up, plugs in and puts some “English” on it….

Have a great summer - we’ll let you know when ours starts….

Mike

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

Yeah, it’s a lot of fun for me.  I play a lot outside in the yard, not so much this year as I have a injured arm,and will not be able to use it for 6 to 9 months, but i’ll sit outside and listen to music when I can.  I like to blast a lot of the college fight songs during football season, and some neighbors don’t like me that much come football saturday and sunday, as I really let it be known how great my team is and much theirs all suck.  HAHA!

KEEP ON ROCKING all!

Signature

RankRankRank

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

We have this huge community garage sale.  Like a flea market but at everybody house.  It’s actually on saturday, but some set up a day early to get a jump on it.  Today was one of those days for us and we did pretty good.

Needless to say, this is a event where I like to play the music, and I had Lister going, and had a lot of people ask about him.  I ended up making a flyer that people could take with them, it was just a few today, but the big event is saturday, so I’ll be out there again, seeing how many new fans I can get.

Had ADELE blasting too….. don’t know if you all dig her or not, but I for one love this woman!  Those are some magic pipes, a talent that I think comes around once in a lifetime!  You all are very lucky to have her and Aynsley!

I’ll be back to let you all know what goes on!

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Think if you started a thread on the Have You Heard page about Adele you might get a lively topic going.

I, for one, am not a fan. I don’t begrudge her the success she’s enjoying, and she seems to be something of a zeitgeist, but I’m not impressed by her, not compared to Alison “Alf” Moyet. Maybe when all the hyperbole has settled in a couple of years I may change my mind.

Don’t forget the other ladies we mention here though; Dana Fuchs, Layla Zoe (had to get that one mentioned or upset Ligho….), Joanne Shaw Taylor, Chantel McGregor, Erja Lyytinen,Ana Popovic, Dani Wilde and so on. The guys don’t quite have it all their own way.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1036

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

mcraggs27 - 14 May 2012 02:24 PM

Don’t forget the other ladies we mention here though; Dana Fuchs, Layla Zoe (had to get that one mentioned or upset Ligho….), Joanne Shaw Taylor, Chantel McGregor, Erja Lyytinen,Ana Popovic, Dani Wilde and so on. The guys don’t quite have it all their own way.

Mike

Mike, you nearly got it ... but only nearly ... Beth Hart.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Ligho - 17 June 2012 09:00 PM
mcraggs27 - 14 May 2012 02:24 PM

Mike

Mike, you nearly got it ... but only nearly ... Beth Hart.

Scourging myself as we speak….....shut eye

Suppose I should also include Cherry Lee Mewis

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Pulling this thread round onto the song its named for; is it just me, or, dancing monkeys aside, is there a growing number of bands covering this early Aynsley gem?

Stone The Crows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPxut5n1_k

Hard To Handle UK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfFL4jkTi48

The Old Washoe - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml6y1R8fqH0

And how it should be done - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9MhEUcACCA

Signature