Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Albums → Thread

Imperfect Disc

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-04-16

PM

Went to see a great show last night in Cardiff and bought Tower Sessions to savour some more of the sound when I got home I played it briefly as it was kinda late then but played it again tonight cranked it up a bit and low and behold just when Aynsly gets into his solo on Purple Rain there is a sound like the ring of a hi hat at first I thought it was there to accentuate the solo but no after several listens it’s there all the way through it and it shouldn’t be there and I’m also sure on the next track to I ended up not being able to listen to it anymore because I was looking for this sound to reappear and it just spoiled it for me what a bummer, anyone else had this ?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

zomarzi - 16 April 2012 10:12 PM

Went to see a great show last night in Cardiff and bought Tower Sessions to savour some more of the sound when I got home I played it briefly as it was kinda late then but played it again tonight cranked it up a bit and low and behold just when Aynsly gets into his solo on Purple Rain there is a sound like the ring of a hi hat at first I thought it was there to accentuate the solo but no after several listens it’s there all the way through it and it shouldn’t be there and I’m also sure on the next track to I ended up not being able to listen to it anymore because I was looking for this sound to reappear and it just spoiled it for me what a bummer, anyone else had this ?

Hi Zomarzi,

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to read that you’ve got a problem with your Tower Sessions CD, especially since it’s such a great album - and I’m not just saying that as an Aynsley fan. Have to say, I got mine virtually “hot off the press” and haven’t experienced any problems with it and haven’t heard of any others, but that’s not to say the odd bad pressing slips through the net: I know since it was released its shifted some good numbers.

What I’d suggest is that you PM Steph and she’ll probably arrange a replacement for you.

Mike

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-04-16

PM

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the wellcome,

This honestly gives me no great pleasure posting my comment on this public forum as I realise I am in the company of some great fans and if I’d known how to air it a bit more discreetly I would have as I would not want to be seen to be putting a spoke in Aynsly’s wheel but after triple checking it playing it through two of my sytems unfortunately it’s there it sounds like the cymbal is picking up the live sound from the lead guitar and vibrating to it.

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Keep on rocking Aynsley playing those Chicago, Delta and Midland Blues

Craig.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Hi Craig,

I’ve PMed Steph’s contact for you; it’ll be in your mailbox. If you have a faulty disc, I’m sure Steph will have you sorted as soon as possible - though she may be away with the band in Europe.

Hope you take sometime and have a look round the forum and feel free to chip in on any topic that takes you interest; whether it’s about other Aynsley shows you’ve been to or other bands you’d recommend. We welcome fresh input and new ideas.

Cheers
Mike

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1838

Joined 2009-01-05

PM

zomarzi - 17 April 2012 10:30 AM

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the wellcome,

This honestly gives me no great pleasure posting my comment on this public forum as I realise I am in the company of some great fans and if I’d known how to air it a bit more discreetly I would have as I would not want to be seen to be putting a spoke in Aynsly’s wheel but after triple checking it playing it through two of my sytems unfortunately it’s there it sounds like the cymbal is picking up the live sound from the lead guitar and vibrating to it.

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

Keep on rocking Aynsley playing those Chicago, Delta and Midland Blues

Craig.

Hi Craig

also a welcome to the forum from me.  I think it’s fair to say that Aynsley offeres a good customer service at the live gigs and I’m certain that Stef will get your problem CD sorted.

I don’t think anyone will view the CD issue in a negative light, if you hear something good you’ll want to hear it again and it’s perfectl;y understandable if the quality is not right or the CD is faulty.  Though Aynsley and his team are a nice bunch so fingers crossed on an early resolution.

BB