Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Sedgefield Rock and Blues club

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3320

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 16 October 2012 08:52 PM

Weird, actually worked from the email from the forum! but think it’s got it now!,

It’s also on Joe Bonamassa’s board - messages of congrats coming in from St Louis, Indiana and San Diego.

Mike

Signature

Of course; I could be lying….

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Congrats to all the team at Sedgefield Rock’n'Blues Club: their last gig of the year was their first 2 Night stand and probably their best event yet. Buddy Whittington was superb and Laurence Jones as opener proved he’s going to be one to watch in the future.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 564

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 19 November 2012 08:42 AM

Congrats to all the team at Sedgefield Rock’n'Blues Club: their last gig of the year was their first 2 Night stand and probably their best event yet. Buddy Whittington was superb and Laurence Jones as opener proved he’s going to be one to watch in the future.

Mike

Did you like the new lighting set up Mike, thought it took us to the next level
Photographs by John Finlayson https://plus.google.com/photos/106467036503213937149/albums/5812233923174749473
https://plus.google.com/photos/106467036503213937149/albums/5812293355040838209

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 20 November 2012 09:08 PM
mcraggs27 - 19 November 2012 08:42 AM

Mike

Did you like the new lighting set up Mike, thought it took us to the next level
Photographs by John Finlayson https://plus.google.com/photos/106467036503213937149/albums/5812233923174749473
https://plus.google.com/photos/106467036503213937149/albums/5812293355040838209

That’ll swing it if you want to attract VATA - Martin is frustrated lights man.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

As far as I know (club meeting this weekend, someones got some Xmas beer to use up! any excuse) we haven’t replaced WT Feaster yet. But we do have Simon McBride booked for next Oct, Details here http://sedgefieldblues.com/

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 04 January 2013 08:06 AM

As far as I know (club meeting this weekend, someones got some Xmas beer to use up! any excuse) we haven’t replaced WT Feaster yet. But we do have Simon McBride booked for next Oct, Details here http://sedgefieldblues.com/

There’s a saying about one door closing while another opens….very sad that WT Feaster won’t be playing here in the foreseeable future, but it doesn’t mean that Linda Valentine will have a “quiet” year; heard for definite that she’ll now be representing RYAN McGARVEY in the UK. Don’t know if there are any dates yet in the wind, but you could do a lot worse…....

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 04 January 2013 09:34 AM
tilerman - 04 January 2013 08:06 AM

There’s a saying about one door closing while another opens….very sad that WT Feaster won’t be playing here in the foreseeable future, but it doesn’t mean that Linda Valentine will have a “quiet” year; heard for definite that she’ll now be representing RYAN McGARVEY in the UK. Don’t know if there are any dates yet in the wind, but you could do a lot worse…....

Mike

Yup, he’s booked at Hartlepool in May (just seen your other thread) so too close to play ours apparently. (I note that Albany Down have booked Hartlepool the night before ours so I’ll have to be on my toes to sell ours.)

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Crackin’ night (Friday) at Sedgefield again John. Have to admit, had reservations at first about Krissy, but he blew them away. Eric played up a storm; literally; by the 4 inches of snow that fell outside. Still, good lad that he is, he put the sun back together to thaw it before he caught his plane back to Amsterdam.

Looking forward to the next 2 shows, the Scottish Invasion and the return of Mr. L.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Next gig at Sedgefield March 16th.

This one is a bit of a Jock’s Juke Joint special:- Albany Down and Lewis Hamilton & The Boogie Brothers.

From what I’ve heard of both bands, another “special” night in store. Gotta wonder though, if there’s chance of a jam finale, how about a nod to those Scottish legends Nazareth….. plants the idea and walks slowly out the room….

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 08 February 2013 01:34 PM

This one is a bit of a Jock’s Juke Joint special:- Albany Down and Lewis Hamilton & The Boogie Brothers.

From what I’ve heard of both bands, another “special” night in store. Gotta wonder though, if there’s chance of a jam finale, how about a nod to those Scottish legends Nazareth….. plants the idea and walks slowly out the room….

Yes spoke to Nick (H) this morning, tells me they are really looking forward to it, even Duncan says he might venture ‘down’.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1439

Joined 2008-04-17

PM

tilerman - 08 February 2013 05:37 PM
mcraggs27 - 08 February 2013 01:34 PM

Yes spoke to Nick (H) this morning, tells me they are really looking forward to it, even Duncan says he might venture ‘down’.

I’ll see both bands tomorrow night as they support Henrik. I’d say a jam in Sedgefield is inevitable… smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Tickets for Aynsley are being picked off at fair old rate,  no problem with selling that one out.  recommend you move fast if you wish to join us. .  I’ll be selling them at our gig on Saturday, Albany Down and Lewis Hamilton for those who are lucky enough to make it. Always get really fired up the week of a gig!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 10 March 2013 01:30 PM

Tickets for Aynsley are being picked off at fair old rate,  no problem with selling that one out.  recommend you move fast if you wish to join us. .  I’ll be selling them at our gig on Saturday, Albany Down and Lewis Hamilton for those who are lucky enough to make it. Always get really fired up the week of a gig!

Aynsley tickets already in the back pocket, looking forward to the Scots Invasion on Saturday; just hope the weather stops Eric Steckel-ing down by then.

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Was that a show or was that a show Mr Craggs… Albany Down and lewis hamilton for those that dont know!

Sold about ten more for Aynsley too so if anybody wants to come on down you had better hurry!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Yep - ears are still ringing a bit. Think the word I’d use to describe the evening is “bramah”.

Two Scottish bands on St.Paddy’s week-end, and you got away with it.

Bit surprised it wasn’t down as a “double-header”, but the Albany lads rose to the challenge of a “full” spot. Lewis is always a treat to catch, especially as he seems to now have a taste for “English” beer; just love the way he effortlessly carries an audience along with him.

Think both bands will be guesting at other local clubs before long, judging from the reactions on Saturday night.

Aynsley up next, for Jedi Day, and virtually sold-out; as if that was going to be in any doubt. The car’s already full for that one.

Signature