Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Sedgefield Rock and Blues club

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Pleased to announce we are sold out for danny Bryant (28th) and I don’t think larry Miller tickets will be far behind For those that don’t know we only do 5 gigs a year but if I can keep the ticket sales up if gives me a bit of leverage for maybe a couple of more gigs.
Personally looking forward to Marcus Malone and finishing the year off with Buddy Whittington.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

That’s great going John!

Great to hear that with all these Blues clubs under threat that there’s one going from strength-to-strength.

Mike

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Paperwork underway for Dave Arcari to support Marcus Malone, that’ll liven the place up lol

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Just a few tickets left for Larry Miller if anyone wants to see what Mike and I bang the drum about. Online tickets might be sold out but a few left kicking around if you send a , either here or http://www.sedgefieldblues.com

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Definitely be down there on the 7th - even if its just to redeem my beer vouchers from last time; so I may even treat someone instead of letting the moths free from my wallet.

Is it still Hartlepool’s Smokin’ Matt opening for Larry? Hair’s about the same length, but Matt’s more of a laid-back style, so good contrast.

Mike

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Yes, him and Michael Littlejohn, saw them together supporting Hokie Joint at Hartlepool! Hope you have your ticket Mike, sold out, but I’m sure we could squeeze you in!

What do you think of the re-vamped (again) website http://www.sedgefieldblues.com

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Congrats on yet another sell-out for the club. Don’t worry, already armed with a ticket (and beer vouchers…..). I’ll have to get my finger out and get Buddy Whittington sorted before they all go.

Haven’t looked the site yet, but sure Matt’s done a bang up job.

See ya on the 7th, if not before.

Edit (1:15pm) - Like the site revamp - especially feature that shows what else is on at nearby R’n'B clubs & venues.

Mike

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Thouht we would try to help each other and push the North East Blues scene if we can. We all need more bums on seats so we can pay these musicians their worth.
Hurry up with that Buddy ticket, practically all sold out!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

News flash….Buddy Whittington is now a double header, playing the friday and the Saturday Night. November 16th and 17th. Come and join us on the friday, as Saturday is (practically) sold out

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Sold out nearly 5 months in advance - That is some going!!!

Put me down for Friday.

Ps - Is Laurence playing support on Friday or has that not been sorted yet?

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 28 June 2012 02:36 PM

Sold out nearly 5 months in advance - That is some going!!!

Put me down for Friday.

Ps - Is Laurence playing support on Friday or has that not been sorted yet?

I would say yes, if he’s (and his band) are available. He probably doesn’t know yet!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

Please check out our new website on which we have just announced our first gigs for 2013 http://www.sedgefieldblues.com

Oct       6th 2012     Marcus Malone Band support Dave Arcari
Nov     16th 2012     Buddy Whittington support Laurence Jones
Nov     17th 2012     Buddy Whittington support Laurence Jones
Jan     25th 2013     Eric Steckel suppot tba
March   16th 2013     Albany Down and Lewis Hamilton Boogie Band (Double header)
May     11th 2013     WT Feaster support Mitch Laddie

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

All quality! Congratulations.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 01 September 2012 10:01 PM

Please check out our new website on which we have just announced our first gigs for 2013 http://www.sedgefieldblues.com

Oct       6th 2012     Marcus Malone Band support Dave Arcari
Nov     16th 2012     Buddy Whittington support Laurence Jones
Nov     17th 2012     Buddy Whittington support Laurence Jones
Jan     25th 2013     Eric Steckel suppot tba
March   16th 2013     Albany Down and Lewis Hamilton Boogie Band (Double header)
May     11th 2013     WT Feaster support Mitch Laddie

Well, that’s 3 dates for my 2013 diary….....just need to buy one now….

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

The Eric Steckel support will be Krissy Matthews who will be doing a solo acoustic set.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

tilerman - 11 September 2012 09:28 PM

The Eric Steckel support will be Krissy Matthews who will be doing a solo acoustic set.

Krissy’s another serious young contender, so sounds a good match-up there John. He was up these parts earlier in the “summer”, did an acoustic set at The Cleveland Bay. Need to keep an eye on that venue (just outside Stockton, for folk not round these parts) as they’re attracting some serious talent.

Mike

Signature