Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

The Brewhouse, Burton, 9th March 2012.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 648

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

Caught Aynsley’s solo show at Burton on Friday with Mrs Icon. These shows actually tend to be not quite solo shows these days, as either Dan or Andre will appear during the second set to supplement Aynsley’s playing with some tasty keys - on this occasion it was Dan, and both he and Aynsley were sporting smart suits for the night. Now wearing a suit these days tends to make me a bit edgey, but Aynsley seemed to be in as relaxed a mood as I can recall seeing him, and gave us a gig to remember.

Very remiss of me, I know, but I left my notebook at home so cant give you a complete set list, but I can remember the first set including Stop Breaking Down, Mississippi Lawnmower Blues, Straight Talking Woman, Rain, Little Wing, and a very welcome return of As the Crow Flies.
Set two with Dan, included Early Morning Dew, Ain’t No Sunshine, Fly Me To The Moon, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, I Got a Woman, Purple Rain, How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You), and an Aynsley take on a Jesse J song (can’t remember the title - sorry - I tend to take little notice of artists that go by one name, or a name and an initial. The day our guy starts calling himself “Aynsley L”, I’m outahere! LOL)

Brilliant night - super relaxed atmosphere, and while I did forget the notepad, I did (eventually) press the video camera into action.

Here’s the first offering - more to follow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6ozzVSiFE

Ian

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 648

Joined 2009-02-22

PM

Early Morning Dew       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWNuTl8HRn8

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3994

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Couple of nice takes there Ian; thought for a moment though the venue/room looks like a corner of a library. Don’t know what to say about the sartorial presentation, whether it’s a way for Aynsley to separate the two “styles” of performance or whether it’s to bring out a “Blues Brothers” motif, either way, he looks good (and the picture he uses on his tweets would make a good album cover…...).

Think we’ve said on here before, what a cracking song strong]Rain is, especially done this way and Aynsley’s take on As The Crow Flies is a favourite: don’t think I’ve heard the take on Slow Dancing…. though, ceratinly one of John Mayer’s best; something to watchout for.

CGH

Signature

First rule of Palindrome club is si bulc emordnilaP fo elur tsirF