Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Plans for Germany next year (2012)

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-10-26

PM

Are there any serious plans for Germany next year? I’d like to see the band at the Rex, Lorsch again. It’s been a nice gig last time.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 139

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Hi Gorch,

Monday April 23 the band will be 15 minutes away from that venue in Weinheim.

I’ll be posting dates to the website in the next couple of weeks… Keep an eye out.

Cheers,

Steph

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2011-10-26

PM

Thanks Steph,

date is on file already.

Weinheim is a nice little city having two castles up the hills. Great for visiting though.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1033

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

That seems to be a long tour in 2012:

???

3 Dezember:
As the dates are not confirmed yet, I deleted the list. But I’ll have an eye on Bergkamen.
Cafe Steinbruch in Duisburg or Blues Rhede would be nice too.

@ Steph, one can buy tix already for some of the gigs.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Ohh, those dates aren’t ready to be public yet.. Some have changed and there are others being confirmed; this list is not up to date.

Please don’t use any of these until they’re officially on the gigs page.

Thanks,

Steph

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

Thanks Ligho, that’s very kind of you!

Some of the dates are fine, like the ones you can buy tickets from but others (like Nuremburg), have changed..

I’ll post them as soon as I can.

See you next year,

Steph

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

Next year is right now ... or in two days ... second gig of the European tour, first gig in Germany: Bonn.
Ordered my ticket for Bonn on Thursday today and hope that I can make it before the concerts starts.

What a month this is grin
Highlights so far: Cassie Taylor & The Soul Cavalry followed by Ian Siegal.
And the month isn’t over yet. Haven’t made up my mind which band to see on Friday: Mighty Orq, Innes Sibun or a Blues Night with Danny Bryant, Zed Mitchell, Eamonn McGormack or Purpendicular (Deep Purple cover band). And on Saturday: DeWolff or JW Jones.

Hard decisions ... but I don’t complain.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Hi Ligho,
Will also be At The Harmonie this evening.
Maybe I’ll see you there?  I aim to be in front with my Nikon! grin

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 595

Joined 2009-02-11

PM

As Mike said elsewhere, good to see you back Johnno. I can understand that you’re stoked with anticipation.

Aynsley rocked Luxembourg last night and he’s now nicely warmed up for Ligho, yourself and the good people of Bonn. Enjoy!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-03-08

PM

Bonn was ready for the band ... still have some screams in my ears from an enthusiastic crowd ...
The locatation was nicely packed and band and crowd were in a good mood.
Band sounded familiar and not with all the new band members, the new setlist and a lot of new songs.

I have no idea whether I’ve seen you John or not. I saw a guy from the Harmony with his camera in front of me and only some people with mobile phones and smaller cameras ... Maybe I spotted you in front at the right side of the stage but at the end of the gig, didn’t saw a guy with a Nikon again. And the merch was so crowded that I decided not to stay so long and to drive home.

Hope that I can catch the band again in May .... hopefully Rheine.

RankRankRank

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Hi Ligho,

Sorry we didn’t catch each other.  I took a few pics from stage front but felt Aynsley wasn’t comfortable with this so I headed further back to enjoy the show later.

I was a bit concerned early on about the size of the audience, but by the time Aynsley got started it was a good sized crowd.  Especially enjoyed the new songs.

If you, or anyone else here, can fill me in on the bands names I’d be grateful.  I know Steve on bass from Ian Parker but piano (Andre Bassing?) and drums (Paul Asterbride?)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4556

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Johnno - 20 April 2012 07:34 AM

If you, or anyone else here, can fill me in on the bands names I’d be grateful.  I know Steve on bass from Ian Parker but piano (Andre Bassing?) and drums (Paul Asterbride?)

Well, I think Andre is German born, but based in Birmingham (no doubt I’ll soon be corrected if wrong) and has been on and off with Aynsley for a year or so while Dan had other commitments with The Drifters. Andre and Dan are both great musicians, but bring their “own” thing to Aynsley’s shows - I wouldn’t like to pick between them. Here’s a quote about Andre from another project he’s involved with:-

“Keyboarder Andre Bassing is a supremely talented and acclaimed musician. Much sort after, he has performed with international stars such as American vocalist Julie Dexter, Musical Youth, Indian tabla player Savar Sabri, Slovenian vocalist Andrej Sifrer and renowned MOBO award winner Soweto Kinch. His Highlights include support slots with UB40, Beverley Knight and Toots and the Maytals. His proactive approach to new sounds is a real gift you will grow to love.”

Paul, I know less about, other than he’s a top notch drummer and back in the band after what Icon describes as some gruesome knee surgery over the winter.

Hope that helps
Mike

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRank

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Paul, I know less about, other than he’s a top notch drummer and back in the band after what Icon describes as some gruesome knee surgery over the winter.

Hope that helps
Mike

Thanks for the extra info Mike, Aynsley did mention the keyboarder coming from Germany.
Am I right that the Paul the drummer’s surname is Asbridge?

Thanks for the help, and you will be rewarded by a review and pics on my website http://www.3songsbonn.com - after I get to work! wink

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Johnno - 20 April 2012 11:37 AM

Hope that helps
Mike

Thanks for the extra info Mike, Aynsley did mention the keyboarder coming from Germany.
Am I right that the Paul the drummer’s surname is Asbridge?

Thanks for the help, and you will be rewarded by a review and pics on my website http://www.3songsbonn.com - after I get to work! wink

Done a little more digging round -  if I’ve got the right Paul T-pot Asbridge, he works out of Wolverhampton and while drums & percussion are his main, he’s not bad on the keyboards. Also did or does some work with a band Unsung Hero. Again, if it’s the right guy, we share a birthdays (but way, way different years).

Signature

Moderator is typing….

RankRankRank

Joined 2008-11-04

PM

Thanks for the help vis a vis the band.  I’ve always valued Aynsley’s forum for info on British Blues.
My revue of Bonn is now online here:
http://3songsbonn.com/2012/04/22/aynsley-lister-not-just-rock/

I was impressed by the new material.  There’s a lot of good music coming the way of Aynsley’s fans if the new material makes it’s way to disc.  I also got to chat a bit with Steve on bass and can only say a nice guy and excellent cover for midus, but I missed her on bass just the same.

Image Attachments

Aynsley_Lister_22034-BorderMaker.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Great review Johnno, and some cracking pictures.

Mike

Signature

Moderator is typing….