Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Aynsley Lister Forums

You are here: HomeForum Home → Aynsley Lister → Gigs and festivals → Thread

Hartlepool Studio - Re-opening

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

That makes a pleasent change - news of a venue re-opening. As John (Tilerman) hinted back in August, Hartlepool Studio is reopening on 21st November, under new management. Don’t know all the details as yet, but from the looks, it could be in connection with local colleges. Whatever, it’s great news that the venue is back up and running. First gig is 2nd December, a treat from drummers, Hyde & Beast, and others are trickling in, so far up into March. May take a while to pick up as Tommy at Cameron’s Club has been the only regular organiser in the town, and he does a great job.

Anyone not familiar with the story of the place, its a 200 seater, converted chapel with recording studio facilities on hand. It closed suddenly back in mid-April due to severe lack of funds. Ironically, Aynsley was due to play there about 2 weeks later, closely followed by King King, and lets face it, if they couldn’t draw in the punters…..

Like Cardiff Globe - nice to be able to report some good news.

Mike

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mmm hope they get a better management team. Need to find more punters and dont clash with ‘Tommys’, gigs (now getting the top names on the circuit) and the pub across the road who do live music now organised by the lad who booked for the Studio!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 3251

Joined 2010-04-12

PM

Heard at the week-end that Tommy has been given the go ahead to put some gigs on at The Studio (along with Belle Vue and Supporters Club), so, so long as he doesn’t over-stretch, the ol’ place is gonna bounce again.

If/when I hear anything more, I’ll post.

Signature

If there’s a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway To Heaven; it speaks volumes about the predicted traffic flow..

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 560

Joined 2011-06-06

PM

mcraggs27 - 19 October 2015 12:39 PM

Heard at the week-end that Tommy has been given the go ahead to put some gigs on at The Studio (along with Belle Vue and Supporters Club), so, so long as he doesn’t over-stretch, the ol’ place is gonna bounce again.

If/when I hear anything more, I’ll post.

Now that is good news